'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
TRAILER SHOPPING FRUSTRATION

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-09-07 8:19 PM
2 replies, 3706 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mulegirl76
Reg. Jan 2011
Posted 2017-09-06 9:22 PM (#170502)
Subject: TRAILER SHOPPING FRUSTRATION

I researched and found what I thought was a reliable trailer dealer.  They had great reviews.  They are a few hours form me.  Contacted them by phone and email and found what I thought was a great used trailer.  Exchanged photos via email and agreed on a price.  Drove 3 hours with $$ in hand to pick up trailer.  After I was advised they would not trade for our trailer secondary to what the dealer called damage.  (which out trailer has no damage just flaking paint)  The trailer i was going to pick up was a 2002 but per the photos i received in great shape.  I was excited.  I asked about leaks and was told none it had been sealed etc.  
Drove up on a saturday, went to do walk through the trailer opened living quarter door to find inside nose covered in mold, strange odor coming from trailer, water stains from old leak around large window, exposed wiring and exposed uncovered plug in, a hole in the floor of the horse area big enough for a yearling to fall through.  Supposedly cut out for the cowboy shower.  Seals coming apart and handing from doors and two windows, exposed screws the entire lenght of the inside of the horse area along with kick wall that had pulled loose from main wall and was flopping, move on back to rear horse entry with so much rust and exposed metal, missing kick rubber from back door with exposed screws, go around and touch side of trailer (yes a used steel trailer) to get down and go underneath it.  (my momma didnt raise a total fool) and the trailer shocked me so hard.  I think my shoulder is till hurting.  
All this was after I had specifically asked the saleslady questions about safety etc.  She made a work list of things to fix.  Has since emailed me to tell me they are done am i still interested in the trailer.  I have told her NO I am concerned about the safety of the trailer especially since in the meantime she has emailed me cobbled up photos of the underneath welding repair on the braces.  
I am angry that a well known trailer dealer would think I was dumb enough to just leave with the trailer.  A trailer that is obvisouly a huge safety hazard.  I just dont know wether to write corporate and complain, walk way or warn other stay away from them or give them another chance. 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cutter1999
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2017-09-07 7:13 AM (#170505 - in reply to #170502)
Subject: RE: TRAILER SHOPPING FRUSTRATION

Veteran

If this dealer so badly misrepresented the trailer, why would you even consider doing business with them? I would not be willing to take a chance that if their sales department is so dishonest, their service department is probably not any better.

Most trailer dealership are independently owned, so I am not sure to what corporation you would be reporting them.
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2017-09-07 8:19 PM (#170510 - in reply to #170502)
Subject: RE: TRAILER SHOPPING FRUSTRATION

Expert

Never ever tell a trailer dealer you are ready to buy BEFORE you wander in and kick their tires...AFTER you work up the deal...THEN talk about trade-ins...AND BE PREPARED to leave empty handed...if they really want to make the sale, they'll deal

Your other alternative is to sell your trailer on your own...

If you own it outright, then you can decide whether to buy a new trailer BEFORE or AFTER you sell your current trailer...

There can be deals at various horse expos and the like, but you need to know exactly what they are selling and if that demo unit meets your needs

Edited by PaulChristenson 2017-09-07 8:22 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)