'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Looking at Trailers to Buy.. Need Help!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-07-11 1:38 PM
2 replies, 537 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

dreamerajm
Posted 2017-07-07 9:25 PM (#170223)
Subject: Looking at Trailers to Buy.. Need Help!

New User

I am looking at trailers to buy this fall. I am trying to save up enough money to either pay cash or have a really nice down payment. I don't want to have to buy another one anytime soon, so I am okay waiting until next Spring if I have to. I am trying to decide what we want. I would like ot have a GN that has a 3 horse slant, and I like stock sides. If not a GN, at least have a tack area. I will only haul two horses and thought I would like to keep hay and supplies in the first stall. Is that safe? Are there any recommendations for trailers? I do not want to spend too much, we will be doing some camping with our horses but we have a tent we can stay in. I have looked at Shadow BP 3-horse slants and 2 horse ones too. I like them a lot but not sure if I should try to get a GN. I like the Calico brand and CM's too but only looked at the BP. I am not looking for full living quarters, too much $.
I was told I should get a plain GN and I could put my own stuff in there? Is that an option?
Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cutter1999
Posted 2017-07-08 9:33 AM (#170226 - in reply to #170223)
Subject: RE: Looking at Trailers to Buy.. Need Help!

First question is what is your tow vehicle and what is it rated to safely tow?

AZgrulla
Posted 2017-07-11 1:38 PM (#170248 - in reply to #170223)
Subject: RE: Looking at Trailers to Buy.. Need Help!

Veteran

CM's are a good, solid trailer. I've had a CM Dakota 2h bp and then traded up to a 3h gn Legacy...non-lq. We used to use it for horse camping...slept in gooseneck, used front stall for storage: hay, supplies. We do not have a stud wall...we tied it in. We did add panel racks on the outside. We still have that trailer and pulled it 'ok' with a 2002 GMC Heavy half-ton...empty the trailer is 5300lbs....We use it as a day trailer...and we have a big Sundowner LQ...and we upgraded truck to 2012 Dodge 1 ton dually. There are many options for modifying a gooseneck with small lq ammenities. There is a FB site called 'horse trailer conversion II'...tons of people and info, pics, etc.  
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)