'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
USRider, say it ain't so

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-06-10 2:43 PM
6 replies, 4947 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Jbsny
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2017-06-09 5:49 PM (#170031)
Subject: USRider, say it ain't so

Extreme Veteran

At a horse council meeing in May, a member stood up and said that US Rider no longer was providing the great service they are known for.  She said that another company had bought out US Rider.  She has since changed to a different company (can't remember the name).  Thought I would run it by you guys, you know almost everything there is to know about horse trailers and trailering.
Thanks
Jbsny

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cutter1999
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2017-06-09 5:51 PM (#170032 - in reply to #170031)
Subject: RE: USRider, say it ain't so

Veteran

The last time I had to call them was last August, and as I have experienced before, their service was excellent. As far as I'm concerned, the membership is worth every penny.

There are other companies out there promoting themselves. Another thing to keep in mind when someone has a bad experience is that their expectations might be very different than yours, and might not be realistic.

Edited by Cutter1999 2017-06-09 5:56 PM
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2017-06-10 12:11 AM (#170033 - in reply to #170031)

Expert

Jbsny - 2017-06-09 8:49 PM At a horse council meeing in May, a member stood up and said that US Rider no longer was providing the great service they are known for.  She said that another company had bought out US Rider.  She has since changed to a different company (can't remember the name).  Thought I would run it by you guys, you know almost everything there is to know about horse trailers and trailering.
Thanks
Jbsny

Feel free to call them and ask if they were bought out...:)

USRider® National Roadside Assistance Phone Number
800-844-1409

http://www.usrider.org 

Edited by PaulChristenson 2017-06-10 12:13 AM
Kay
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2017-06-10 7:15 AM (#170034 - in reply to #170031)

Extreme Veteran

After several years of membership, we had occasion last week to call U.S. Rider for a blown tire. Aside from the fact that it took over two hours for help to arrive, the service was excellent. At one point we were called to say that the service provider was delayed on another call, but would be there.
Two hours was a long wait, but thank goodness it was only a 70 degree day and no one suffered. The service provider was efficient and courteous. and apologetic for the delay.
brokenboot
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2017-06-10 8:06 AM (#170036 - in reply to #170031)

Regular

The first time I had to call US Rider was about 7-8 years ago.  I called and a person immediately answered with "Are you and your horses safe?"   In Feb of this year I had to call and got a message indicating that someone would be with me shortly.  It took several minutes for someone to answer.   In this case, we'd blown a tire on our truck and I couldn't get the alloy rim to break loose from the hub.  We were on an interstate but it was not a life and death emergency, so a few minutes was not a big problem.  And, as always, once someone answered the phone I got the same kind of excellent service I've come to expect from US Rider.  My concern is in a situation where there is great danger to us or our horses, the few minutes it takes to get someone on the phone could be that difference between life and death.  I'm not sure if they've cut back on staff or if there are many more members in recent years, resulting in more calls and the longer waits, but  I do wish that they'd adjust the number of people available to take calls accordingly.   Again, US Rider is invaluable and I wouldn't travel with our horses without my membership.
Cutter1999
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2017-06-10 2:43 PM (#170037 - in reply to #170031)

Veteran

But realistically, if you think you are a few minutes between life and death, you really should be on the phone with 911 and not US Rider. Even if you were to call AAA, hypothetically since they will not handle horses trailers, you are still going to wait online until your call goes through the system to the first available operator. If you have a life and death emergency, 911 is appropriate as they will get help to you quicker.
Mira
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2017-06-10 2:43 PM (#170038 - in reply to #170032)

Regular

My expectations were suure realistic when i called them all i wanted was for someone to come fix my flat , i was about 20 minutes from Henderson Ky and about 40 from the big city of Evansville. They never showed my husband ended up having to come and this was after paying for my membership for about 6 years and never calling them!!!!! I sat on the side of the road for 4 hours. I now push onstar and they are quite fast at sending someone!!
Mira
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)