'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Lost a lot of ground with good intentions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-08-21 10:17 AM
0 replies, 5264 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Lea Anne
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2016-08-21 10:17 AM (#168101)
Subject: Lost a lot of ground with good intentions

Veteran

I am so upset!  We bought a miniature pony a year ago, a little mare, broke to drive. I think she is about 3 years old this year.  Shortly after we got her we realized she was in gonna have a colt, which happened May 4.  Didn't want a stud colt but he is a little doll and we are gonna geld him as soon as we get him weaned.  He is definitely a keeper!
My problem is the little mare started getting really touchy about her ears and continued to get worse.  We took her to the vet who sedated her to check her ears and she has a fungal infection in one ear.  He prescribed this ear cream twice a day.  Well, as you can imagine it ended up being a batte the first time, so we skipped the 2nd dose out of sheer exhaution at the thought of doing it again.  The next morning only got worse;  now we can barely catch her to put her halter on.  I fear we have ruined her.  I called the vet and he suggested giveing her shots twice a day to get rid of the pain that she must be in.  How am I going to re-gain her trust?  I fear it is going to be a long road.  She really doesn't care if you brush her or love on her.  I am going to for-go the shots until I can get her comfortable just putting the halter on for awhile.   
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)