'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cosequin vs Nutrena motion source

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-06-12 3:52 PM
2 replies, 5179 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

wannabe 1
Reg. Jun 2016
Posted 2016-06-02 9:22 PM (#167222)
Subject: Cosequin vs Nutrena motion source

New User

I bought an almost 3 year old mare two years ago and learned shortly thereafter she has arthritis in her hocks (over trained) I have her in a run in/out stall with matts, regular exercise, a shot of icon once a month (lubricant only) and up until recently she has been getting cosequin supplement once a day. She has so far been managed pretty well. Recently I have been talking to nutrena representatives who seem very knowledgable, and of course promotes their supplement of motion source. The support is it contains only glycosamine not condroyten as it can't be absorbed, and is actually harmful for your horse, and also they are making their own glycosamine, where cosequin's comes from China and may or may not be pure. They maintain they can see improvement in inflamation within 24 hours after first supplement. Any way I just want what is best for my girl. It makes me sick this happened to her. Any thoughts? Any other ideas to help her be the most comfortable are welcomed!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
heritagelanefarm
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2016-06-07 5:09 AM (#167247 - in reply to #167222)
Subject: RE: Cosequin vs Nutrena motion source

Veteran

I have an arthritic horse. Vet said there is not enough definitive research that the oral joint supplements work. He told me if I wanted to try, use Cosequin ASU. My guy showed some improvement with Previcox. He is not longer a joint injection candidate, as the joint capsule (coffin) is collapsing.
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2016-06-12 3:52 PM (#167282 - in reply to #167222)
Subject: RE: Cosequin vs Nutrena motion source

Elite Veteran

I have a mare that came off the track with the same...hock issues. I keep her weight down. (Not skinny, but not over-weight)
Pasture or a big turn-out. No small paddocks. They need to be able to move around. A lot. I also had sand delivered. So that my mare now has a soft place to lay down. This way she stays down longer and rests those legs and feet more.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)