'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trail Rider Horse Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-04-22 6:25 PM
19 replies, 17762 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

AZ Horse Camper
Reg. Jul 2012
Posted 2012-07-16 1:21 PM (#145620)
Subject: Trail Rider Horse Trailers

New User

Does anyone have any thoughts on the quality, durability of Trail Rider LQ Horse trailers? I am looking to buy and would like to know what the reviews are. Looking at a 14' LQ with slide out.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
TroopsTnT
Reg. Jul 2012
Posted 2012-07-17 11:56 AM (#145643 - in reply to #145620)
Subject: RE: Trail Rider Horse Trailers

New User

Dear AZ Horse Camper,
I had dreamed of owning a horse LQ for years and spent countless hours comparing manufacturers, models, and pricing. I thought I had selected the manufacturer I would go to if I was ever able to buy a LQ. The price was OK, they were light (which I really liked), but I really didn't like the floor plans, and the interiors were OK.
Maybe 4-5 years ago, I stumbled onto a Trail Rider listing on the internet. I started searching for every listing I could find. I found their website and poured over EVERY model and every length. The pictures and pricing screamed Best Buy to me.
About 2-3 years ago, we decided to find a way to make this dream happen. We wanted a quality, affordable trailer that was large enough to live in for extended periods while we traveled the country to ride AND work for extended periods of time.
In April '11 WITHOUT EVER SEEING a Trail Rider first-hand. We ordered a Custom Royal 20' 12' slide (17' floor plan with extended space in the bathroom to accommodate a stackable washer & dryer (not a RV all-in-one) 4 Horse.
We picked up our trailer from the manufacturer in Indiana (shipping is available) because we wanted to meet them and see the plant. When I first stepped into our trailer, my mouth literally dropped open, and I had to choke back tears. The interior completely surpassed my expectations; it was/is beautiful! The manufacturers are great people and take great pride in their work. We were completely sold out and became Sales Reps. We are not a dealership. We just try to spread the word and let people know these great, affordable trailers are an option. Here's a link to pictures; you can tell I am very proud of our new 1/2 time home. 53
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.190043951075319.48472.1874...
We have lived in it 1/2 time year round since June '11 in Billings, Montana where my husband works including all Winter and sub-zero temps. In Feb., we spent a month in AZ at a few different horse motels. We took 3 horses, 1 cruiser motorcycle, and 1 small dog. We had a wonderful time, everything continued to work, and the trailer pulled great completely loaded. We love our trailer; we would sell it to a customer if they wanted it right now and didn't want to wait to order, and order another one just like it for us. I have yet to see the interior of an LQ that the quality and beauty surpasses a Trail Rider. They haven't forgotten the horses either. The horse compartments are quality built and have many standard features and available options. Trail Rider IS a Best Buy!
I love talking about our trailer and Trail Riders; please, feel free to call me. (406) 366-3727
Happy Trails & Blessings,
Anne Troop
Montana Horse Trailers
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2012-07-17 3:39 PM (#145651 - in reply to #145620)

Expert

Nice sales pitch by a dealer
cutter99
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2012-07-17 3:40 PM (#145652 - in reply to #145620)

Extreme Veteran

Doesn't that equate to advertising?
hornet
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2012-07-17 7:13 PM (#145655 - in reply to #145620)

Extreme Veteran

Well this is not dealer sales pitch. We bought our Trailer Rider two years ago and have not been disappointed yet. We picked up our trailer from the factory. The guys at the factory were great, even emailed us photo's as our trailer was being built. Everything was just as anticipated and promised. They modified the LQ options to suit our needs with out any hesitation.

Bottom line, we love our trailer and have never looked back.
TroopsTnT
Reg. Jul 2012
Posted 2012-07-17 8:21 PM (#145658 - in reply to #145620)

New User

As I've already stated, I'm not a dealership. Trail Rider doesn't use dealerships, one of the major ways they keep their costs low and pass those savings on to buyers like me. Customers can't drive to a dealer's lot and walk through and inspect rows and rows of trailers that the dealer is paying inventory on and will be passing those costs on to the customer. Trail Rider has asked a few customers around the country like me if we'd be willing and available to show our trailer if someone in our area would like to see a Trail Rider, answer questions, and assist people if they want it. As I also stated- I bought a Trail Rider sight unseen; I was and am more than happy to give others the opportunity to see a Trail Rider; an opportunity I didn't but would have loved to have had. I couldn't count the number of people to whom I have shown my trailer, have told about these trailers, and answered questions, all without receiving ONE PENNY. I don't have a dealer lot, and I own 2 trailers-my 2005 3H Classic BP and my Trail Rider LQ; the one I live in and spend 1/2 my time in year round. I still love looking at trailers, but I've never walked away from seeing another trailer regretting the decision I made.
If a 100% satisfied customer who lives in her trailer half of her time telling others about the trailer she loves and her happiness with her choice is advertising, then I guess I'm advertising. 25
AZ Horse Camper
Reg. Jul 2012
Posted 2012-07-17 8:36 PM (#145659 - in reply to #145658)

New User

The help and information that I have gotten from the people who know of this trailer has been totally appreciated. I am sure there will be other posts from people trying to help and I look forward to their comments and ideas as I process the information shared here - from whatever the source is!
hornet
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2012-07-17 8:57 PM (#145661 - in reply to #145658)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by TroopsTnT on 2012-07-17 8:21 PM

If a 100% satisfied customer who lives in her trailer half of her time telling others about the trailer she loves and her happiness with her choice is advertising, then I guess I'm advertising. 25

Troops,

I wasn't implying you're a dealer, only made my opening statement as a fact.
TroopsTnT
Reg. Jul 2012
Posted 2012-07-17 9:48 PM (#145663 - in reply to #145620)

New User

Hornet,
I know that you weren't implying I was a dealer. I was addressing two earlier comments in the thread. So sorry for the confusion. It sounds like you are just as happy with your trailer as I am with mine. :)
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2012-07-17 10:52 PM (#145664 - in reply to #145620)

Expert

Link to your web site:

http://montanahorsetrailers.net/

TroopsTnT
Reg. Jul 2012
Posted 2012-07-17 11:48 PM (#145667 - in reply to #145620)

New User

Thanks for posting the website, which is owned and maintained by Trail Rider, not me. One thing it does is provide people with a local Sales Rep contact, such as me, and also Trail Rider's direct contact info. There are similar sites for other Sales Reps in the country, again to provide people a chance to see a trailer first-hand and local help to order a trailer if they want it. If customers would want my assistance from answering questions to ordering a trailer, I'm happy to help. I clearly stated I became a Sales Rep in my first post; I was up-front about that. Dealers by trade and definition buy and sell articles without altering their condition. I would never want to offend dealers by claiming to be one when I clearly don't provide the same services. Dealers have to take huge financial risks to buy the products they sell. I have a tremendous amount of respect for what they do and what they provide. I don't buy and sell trailers, and I don't service them. I have no financial investment in the company nor do I have a financial risk; I've already bought my trailer; its paid for (in cash); and I'm living in it. Hope everyone has a great evening and blessings to all.
hornet
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2012-07-18 5:31 AM (#145668 - in reply to #145620)

Extreme Veteran

Yes we have been very happy with our trailer. And as you did Troops, we bought ours site unseen which is something I've never done. But after pestering the folks at Trail Rider for two weeks, peppering them with questions I felt comfortable with the purchase. The day we picked it up put all those concerns to rest. The quality and value is top notch.
Lollypop
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2012-07-18 11:48 AM (#145676 - in reply to #145620)

Wow funny you should ask. My husband and I bought a Trail Rider Elite 14' LQ, 4 horse, Slide out, generator, TV antenna w/booster, etc. and we love it. We always use Horse Trailer World to look up comparisons and see if we can find a deal. They did not have many of the Trail Riders listed, but in dealing with Trail Rider we were so happy with their helpfulness in getting just what we ordered and more, we would highly recommend them. The quality is right there, you feel like you have walked into a dream. Not to mention the enormous amount of savings. Best of luck and hope you get one.
txcowboycj
Reg. Aug 2012
Posted 2013-02-18 9:57 AM (#149992 - in reply to #145620)

New User

I am also considering purchasing one of these site unseen. Is there anyone out there that has owned a Trail Rider for more than 6 months and can comment on quality of construction? Much appreciated.
Lollypop
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2013-02-18 10:56 AM (#149995 - in reply to #145620)

I own a Trail Rider Trailer and this is my second one. I love it. The quality is that of any "well known" upper quality brand, the features are wonderful the company is easy to work with.
Lollypop
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2013-02-18 11:05 AM (#149996 - in reply to #149992)

Our Trail Rider Trailer is a 14' Living Quarter, generator, 4 horse, we travel a lot. We compete in Ranch Sorting. Not one issue on this one or the one we owned previously which was a 10' Living quarter, both have had slide outs, no leakage, no excessive dust, great layout, all items functional, the fireplace is "AWESOME", the horses are always comfortable. We use the mangers as our waterers on the road. The mangers are stainless with a drain plug, standard, so fill while we go eat and then drain when we hit the road again. Feel free to call me with any questions, 719-429-6237
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2013-02-18 9:55 PM (#150013 - in reply to #145620)

Expert

I like the way the inside is done  
RAF
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2013-02-25 9:56 AM (#150147 - in reply to #145620)

Regular

Thank You for all the comments ,I would be happy to answer any questions on the products , we are now building a new lower cost horse trailer called Dixie Star . Thanks Randy (574-294-1269)
star19six
Reg. Mar 2018
Posted 2018-04-10 2:43 PM (#171505 - in reply to #145620)

I am not sure who the parent company is who manufactures these, but I would warn anyone away from Harmar trailers (Dixie Star is one of their brands). I just lost a fortune on what was supposed to be a brand new trailer, but the frame looked ancient...
hornet
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2018-04-22 6:25 PM (#171549 - in reply to #171505)

Extreme Veteran

star19six - 2018-04-10 2:43 PM I am not sure who the parent company is who manufactures these, but I would warn anyone away from Harmar trailers (Dixie Star is one of their brands). I just lost a fortune on what was supposed to be a brand new trailer, but the frame looked ancient...

I can't speak for what happened to your trailer but as I said in your other posting, our trailer is now 8 years old and there is only minor surface rust in places I would expect, mainly under the stalls.  Nothing that can't be touched up and certainly nothing to cause structural issues.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)