'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Gaited horse saddles

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-03-11 8:42 PM
28 replies, 22068 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2011-01-19 1:28 AM (#129030 - in reply to #128693)
Subject: RE: Gaited horse saddles

Elite Veteran

The Tucker Trooper saddle is the other saddle that I owned that was great. Never should have sold it. I paid $695- or was it $795- for it new. Now they are $995-!!! They fit the narrower horse. Good Luck!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
AJH
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2011-01-22 2:08 PM (#129147 - in reply to #128693)

I have a Kentucky Mountain mare and we had the pleasure of meeting Debra of Crest Ridge Saddlery at a trail ride this past October. Debra did a saddle fitting on my mare as well as my wife's Foxtrotter. I bought a saddle from Debra that weekend and went from a horse that had issues with being saddled, standing still and ridden (issues that developed during the last three years under bad fitting saddles)to the horse I bought and test rode. It tripled the pleasure of trail riding for both me and my horse. It is awesome what a difference a well fitting saddle makes for both the horse and rider. IT is very evident when you listen to what Debra says at a saddle fitting clinic and the pride she takes in delivering a well made well fitting saddle, that it is worth the cost. My wife has since decided to purchase a Crest Ridge saddle for her Foxtrotter and is looking forward to some warm weather for riding. Check out the CRS website an talk with Debra about a saddle, you will be glad you did!http://www.crestridgesaddlery.com/
Shelby Friml
Reg. Mar 2011
Posted 2011-03-11 2:53 PM (#131533 - in reply to #128693)

New User

Hi, I'm new to this site. I've been reading about saddles, spent some time reading about the Henry Miller saddles (which I lost the thread to). I and am a saddle fitter using all the traditional methods, plus a very accurate diagnostic medical tool called pressure mapping. One thing to remember is that we DO NOT ride standing still. Therefore, fitting a saddle to a standing still horse is not the back of the moving horse. My business, EQUI Mapping, allows me to see what is going on when the horse is mounted and moving. It can indicate pressure points, no contact such as bridging, contact both good and extreme, and spinal concussion areas as well as HOW MUCH pressure by showing me the psi behind each color coded area. The subject of saddle fit is huge and is not only about the saddle, it also must take into consideration the tack, the back, the conformation, the rider posture, weight, and way of travel for the horse, asymetry, the feet of the horse, and more. All those together are what are the points to consider in evaluating true saddle fit. And, then there is a broader look that being the changing horse as we ride more and more and more, that horses' back changes drastically with work, down time, seasons, age. You can read more about it at www.doublediamondequine.com click on EQUI Mapping. I've also been reading about gaited horse trees. Think about this: do we buy our own shoes according to our nationality, height and weight? Do all blonds wear the same size shoe? Can we buy shoes with a heel tracing?
rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2011-03-11 8:42 PM (#131547 - in reply to #128693)

I agree w/ Jackbrat, custom was a big waste of time and money.  I had a Haggis, sold it;  then was so very sorry that I had to get another.  Will not sell this one for sure.  My National Bridle Tennessean Supreme is also a favorite of mine (had enough sense not to sell it).  Use it for shows when going western.  I also use and recommend the Victory trail saddle from showstoppertack.com.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)