'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Handicapped Accessible Stairs

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-09-29 9:52 PM
3 replies, 5136 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

hansenshorses
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2009-02-02 9:41 PM (#98678)
Subject: Handicapped Accessible Stairs

Regular

I need some ideas.  I just bought the gooseneck trailer with the bed up above. I have a few physical limitations. So until I can't get up there when I am old (er) and grey (er), anyone have any great ideas for safe stairs.  I am thinking something with a railing of some sort that wouldn't look terrible. I plan on putting in a small weekend LQ. Pics would be appreciated or anything! I need it to be safe climbing up and getting down. You know when we age we need to make more frequent night trips to porta-toilets. Well, at least I do.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-02-03 1:05 AM (#98682 - in reply to #98678)
Subject: RE: Handicapped Accessible Stairs

Expert

I don't even attempt to get "up there"...  I sleep/rest in a recliner chair. I use a small Lazy Boy, it takes up alot of room, but there's no other choice other than to stay at home. I've seen pictures of LQ's that had a ladder/stairs/steps leading up to the gooseneck. Maybe build a "boot box" and add a couple smaller boxes to the top to make a set of steps. How big is your DR? Here's a picture of a boot box that "Linda Y" built in their trailer....  http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/get-attachment.asp?attachmentid=634

More ideas in this thread...  http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=10879&posts=19

Edited by retento 2009-02-03 1:11 AM
tom-tom
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-02-03 6:46 AM (#98685 - in reply to #98678)

Extreme Veteran

Depending on the size of you LQ space the jack-knife sofas are great.  We have owned two LQ trailers and both had very comfortable flip down sofas for sleeping on.  I think they come in different sizes so you would just have to get creative on where you placed it if you couldn't put in on the long wall.  Might could even put one at the base of the gooseneck where most folks put a boot box or steps. They are easy to flip down and flip back up into a sofa when not being slept on.  RV sites have many to pick from.  You could then use the nose bed for a guest or  convert it into storage space that way you wouldn't have to put in stairs.  Just a thought.

Edited by tom-tom 2009-02-03 6:48 AM
johnsnowkornar
Reg. Aug 2017
Posted 2018-09-29 9:52 PM (#171912 - in reply to #98682)

retento - 2009-02-03 1:05 AM

I don't even attempt to get "up there"...  I sleep/rest in a recliner chair. I use a small Lazy Boy recliner, it takes up alot of room, but there's no other choice other than to stay at home. I've seen pictures of LQ's that had a ladder/stairs/steps leading up to the gooseneck. Maybe build a "boot box" and add a couple smaller boxes to the top to make a set of steps. How big is your DR? Here's a picture of a boot box that "Linda Y" built in their trailer....  http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/get-attachment.asp?attachmentid=634

More ideas in this thread...  http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=10879&posts=19

Do it provides natural movements as well as the highest recline positions??

Edited by johnsnowkornar 2018-09-29 9:55 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)