'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
chuckwagon races

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-05-17 1:12 AM
8 replies, 5045 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

farmslave
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-16 12:45 PM (#53941)
Subject: chuckwagon races

Howdy--anyone ever been to Clinton Arkansas....chuckwagon races? Been going for last 9 years.  LOVE it...if u havent ever been...u gotta try it. I go from start to finish...august 24-sept3rd...and the vacation is over before you know it. Theres about 8000 horses and about 30000 horse loving people. Everyone...EVERYONE it seems is good company and good people.Its big enuff to accomadate everyone and i have YET to have a bad experience there. No stealing, no troubles to speak of. It is alot of fun...im anxiously awaiting Dan Off's  race this year. WOooO---Hooooooooo!!!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
longearsrule
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-01-17 11:40 AM (#53977 - in reply to #53941)
Subject: RE: chuckwagon races

Extreme Veteran

I went in 2005 and had a great time. If I get to go again I am going to take my mule. It does get a tad hot tho. Everyone should go at least once. It's a good time for all.
farmslave
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-17 12:32 PM (#53980 - in reply to #53941)

HOT?? heck it is hot everywhere that time of year. the last two years have proven to be great weather.

And yep...u need to bring ur critter to ride. I bring a horse or two each year. last year i brought one extra back from Clinton. I bought one at the auction.   that had some awesome horses..that i couldnt afford.

The trail rides they sponser are fun too. You get to meet alot of people with the exact same interest as you it seems. Like i said earlier...everyone seems to be there to have fun and share fun. WOOOOooo-Hoo.

Maybe i will see ya there Longears ...this year. Anybody else in this horse trailer world ever been there?

dateacher
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-01-20 6:29 PM (#54153 - in reply to #53941)

I went this last year 06 and just couldn't believe how wild the races were. I basically took a 3 year to get him used to different things and it sure did the trick. The bathroom  and showers are not good so wouldn't go again unless I had a living quarters trailer, Some people rented portapotties. We did have a man come by our camp and ask about a horse that had been stolen. Don't know that I would go again but would recommend it to others that enjoy a wild good time. I prefer the Black Hills to the Chuck Wagon Races, but that is just my preference.
farmslave
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-20 7:06 PM (#54156 - in reply to #53941)

i have never been to Black Hills...but i shurrrrrrrrrrr do wanna go.
classygirl98
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-01-20 10:40 PM (#54165 - in reply to #53941)

Veteran

We have been down there a couple of times to watch the races. Didn't stay the night, just drove down for the races and back home. A six hour drive but worth every mile. Awesome is all I can say. Everyone needs to go at least one time to watch. Wild yes, crazy yes, but you won't want to get up to leave to miss any part of the races. It was hot though when we went. Debbie
dateacher
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-01-21 12:57 PM (#54187 - in reply to #54156)

If you shurrrrr want go to the Black Hills then go. We live in se Kansas and drove without stopping and it took us 15 hours with a horsetrailer. We stayed at Custer State Park which charges about $15 a night. They have clean restrooms and showers. The trails are beautiful.

We rode through buffalo and elk and had a great time and plan to go back next June. Be sure and make reservations as they fill upfor the summer quickly. This is not as exciting as the Chuckwagon races if you want excitement but the scenery is much prettier.

Longrider
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-01-21 1:17 PM (#54191 - in reply to #53941)

Extreme Veteran

I watched chuckwagon races at the Ft. Worth Stock Show last week inside the coliseum and couldn't help but think that it would be much more exciting if they held them on the parking lot outside with the ice and snow accumulation. I have a short attention span on spectator sports but a long one on participation. Think I would rather go ride somewhere than sit so long observing. JMO
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2007-05-17 1:12 AM (#60889 - in reply to #53941)

Expert

The best description I can think of for Clinton is cowboy woodstock!  You can see every sight imaginable, and some you have not imagined!  Take a mule or horse to ride and you will enjoy yourself immensely.  And we don't even party,  just people watch and ride mules.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)