'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
tile or mirror backsplash in LQ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-02-03 5:17 PM
1 replies, 3290 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TPenning
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-02-02 6:14 PM (#75896)
Subject: tile or mirror backsplash in LQ

Veteran

I have a Kiefer with empty LQ that I plan to start working on this spring.  It might be another year before I get around to doing the finer details, but I'm still dreaming about what's going in there.  Any idea if you can put a tile backsplash above the counter top without the vibrations of travelling destroying the grout? What about mirror backsplash?  I know I could do a mirror door on a cabinet, but that's a little different, not attached to the wall, and it would move differently.

Also, my dad and I did a simple insulated dressing room/tack in my last trailer, which was steel, and had great results with styro insulation and 1/4" wallboard, but I did wonder later about why we never used a vapor barrier, the way you would on a house? It never caused any problems not having, but it has made me think a bit about whether or not it's a step I should take on this new aluminum trailer LQ.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-02-03 5:17 PM (#75964 - in reply to #75896)
Subject: RE: tile or mirror backsplash in LQ

Expert

You can attach almost any product to any back splash by using polyurethane construction adhesive. It will not move or come loose with vibration. Grout as usual and you'll be good to go. It will also work well for a mirror.

Most of the rigid Styrofoam insulations have a plastic covering. This and the foil on the foiled faced insulations are an adequate vapor barrier if the seams are taped.

BOL  gard

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)