'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Lakota Trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-12-08 3:00 AM
4 replies, 4592 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Gem
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2007-11-30 4:51 PM (#72159)
Subject: Lakota Trailer

New User

I'm looking into purchasing a Lakota living quarter trailer.  I have some history and information on them, but mostly just opinions.  

They seem like well made trailers, but I would like to get other opinions.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
mrstacticalmedic
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2007-11-30 5:17 PM (#72160 - in reply to #72159)
Subject: RE: Lakota Trailer

Extreme Veteran

Gem we are heading to the factoy ourselves when my husband gets home from Afghanistan.  We are looking at them seriously as well.  The only thing I don't care for is the slide outs only go 24 inches whereas many other brands go a full 36" out.  Another 12" makes a world of difference space wise. 

I do like how they are built. I looked at one close up last week at Shipshewana, a dealer had one there for the After Thanksgiving day auction.   I was very impressed with the workmanship, and the construction of the trailer. 

So far I have not heard anything bad about them, but they haven't been around that long yet either.

But I also remember when Exiss came out in the 90's.  People scoffed at them but I really like the Exiss trailers.  There will always be naysayers to any brand.

I think I may give the Lakota a try, you seem to get quite a bit of bang for the buck and seem geared toward us middle class folks who want comfort while camping but don't want to blow our life savings doing it.  I really liked the spacious feeling I got even with the slide out pulled in.  It was a full 8 foot wide and 7'6 tall and completely insulated.  Not the cheap chintzy stuff I saw in some sundowners recently.  Plus I like the fact the trailer is ALL aluminum except for the stainless steel on the nose, and the paint jobs are awesome.

Have fun shopping! 

Gem
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2007-11-30 5:35 PM (#72163 - in reply to #72160)

New User

Thanks.

Its my understanding that the name Lakota is fairly new, but that they have been in the trailer business for centuries.  They "who make Lakota" are actually the producers of LQ trailer interiors for all makes and models for many years.  The salesman we spoke to also said that the savngs in price come due to that you are not paying a mark up for the interior products because they produce them. 

Wanted to get some other opinions.

acy
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2007-12-02 6:43 PM (#72270 - in reply to #72159)

Extreme Veteran

Gem,

While the dealer I got my Lakota from this past April was less than satisfactory the people at the Lakota factory have been very helpful.  About 3 months after I got it the roof started leaking, they were delivering a trailer a few hrs. from here so the driver made a detour here to work on mine.  his repair didn't work so  they offered to take the trailer back to the factory in Indiana.  he picked it up on a thurs. and had it back here the following week.  I'm very impressed by their service and the way they stand behind their trailers.   they do seem to be well built and have a lot of nice   features.  I don't like the nose in the gooseneck cause the way it's shaped really cuts down on the sleeping and storage room, but the standard 7'6" height is nice. 

Jeepplr
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2007-12-08 3:00 AM (#72637 - in reply to #72159)

Veteran

My wife and I have a 2007 Lakota 4 horse with a 10 foot LQ, we bought it at Congress and a window was leaking.  Lakota sent a factory service tech to put in a new window the day I reported the leaking window to the factory, our dealer is worthless.  My wife is an aircraft mechanic so she is very familiar with aluminum construction and she approves to workmanship on our trailer.  From my point of view the trailer looks good and appears strong and well built and pulls easily.

From my dealings with Lakota, I have not met a company more interested in making things right.  We plan to go to the factory this summer with our trailer and check it out.  I think this trailer will last us for a long time.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)