'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
MY LAST TRY!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-02-23 6:22 PM
4 replies, 3411 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-02-20 3:32 PM (#173495)
Subject: MY LAST TRY!

Regular

Being self employed sucks as far and getting a loan.
Looked at new and just can't justify the payment versus the amount we would use a LQ trailer. So far we have found a handful of used trailers and most have been turds. (all from local major dealers) Anything from water damage, generator missing, mats torn up, ankle deep in horse poo etc...
I have narrowed it down to 2 trailers maybe.

2012 Lakota Bighorn 3 horse waiting on details but looks to be a 12' sw with a slideout, onan lp generator but has 900 hours, belonged to a older couple and is super clean.
Or a 2015 Lakota Charger 15' SW, slide, onan lp generator with a 150 hours on it.

Only 5k different on asking price.
The 2015 model is 3 years newer, larger LQ but cheaper interior package, has drop downs on the rump side.
The 2012 overall just looks to be a cleaner trailer, little more fancy interior but no drops (not a deal breaker)
Funny thing is the 2012 shows to be worth more money than the 2015 model!

Which would be the best way to go?
We do not go all over the place, mainly local and probably at least once a 1 overnight.
This is why I can not justify buying new!

Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cutter1999
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2021-02-21 7:22 AM (#173496 - in reply to #173495)
Subject: RE: MY LAST TRY!

Veteran

Only you can decide what works best for YOUR needs. Which trailer best fits YOUR budget? Which trailer works best for YOUR horses? Which living quarters layout works best for YOU when camping?

You can also ask yourself if this were the last trailer you were ever going to buy, does it have what you want in it?

Would you travel more or go longer if you had one trailer as opposed to the other? If you did want to travel more or go longer, which trailer would make you the most comfortable?

No one can tell you what trailer to buy. Only you can make that decision as you know the needs of both you and the horses best!
BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-02-21 12:26 PM (#173497 - in reply to #173495)

Regular

Geesh too many options.... at this point we will be going 1 or 2 times per month either traveling to trails or going to our shooting events. Both are pretty much over night or 2 night deals ll within about a 200 mile radius

We are wanting this to be the last trailer we will need that is why I am asking so many questions. Would love the new trailer but still can't justify paying $550. for 15 years. That the main reason we are looking at used, BUT hard to find that are not turds. When we go look the salesman starts pushing trailers that are 10 to 20k higher that what we are looking at. Of course they are nice and probably well worth the money, but again over the payment I am shooting for.

Thanks for the input!
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2021-02-22 6:14 AM (#173498 - in reply to #173495)

Elite Veteran

In my opinion, there's a lot of difference in the 3-4' length of the trailers when driving. I like having the sofa and dinette in the 15', but getting around is harder. And really is a lot of trailer on a 3/4t. But- 3 yars newer can be a lot too. Especially for Lakota, which hasn't been around a very long time. By '15 the trailers were pretty much like they are now. I frankly don't know about the '12s. Haven't had any friends with a Bighorn in that era.
BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-02-23 6:22 PM (#173502 - in reply to #173495)

Regular

Thanks for the replies.
Still can't decide on what to get. Now we found a 2018 Lakota Charger 8311 with a slideout, onan gas gen with 92 hours for $53k!
Offered $51k and they will not budge.
Too many choices for sure.

The long trailer doesn't bother use at all we just got out of a 2009 Sundowner 14'sw 3 horse in 2018.

Just want to make this our last purchase. Now I have another Lakota dealer wanting to help order what we want. So here we go, I give him details and specs, now see what he comes up with!????
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)