'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Am I being unreasonable?(also looking for brand recommendations)

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2022-02-23 11:41 AM
4 replies, 1379 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

OnABudget
Reg. Nov 2014
Posted 2022-02-22 10:06 PM (#185181)
Subject: Am I being unreasonable?(also looking for brand recommendations)

I have been trailer shopping for about three months and while I understand that isn't exactly a long time in the grand scheme of things, I am having trouble finding a trailer that meets my needs within my budget. I know, I know, "within my budget" is the key words. I had heard the trailer market is wild these days but I didnt expect this. 

Heres what I'm looking for
gooseneck
2-4 horse slant load
aluminum
stud panel(optional)
rear tack
mangers(optional)
ramp
drop windows at head with bars
minimum 6' shortwall but can be totally bare
$25,000 budget

I have only found one suitable trailer and it is 20 years old and 1500 miles away.
Am I being unreasonable for my budget? Am I just being unreasonable period and this combination is really THAT uncommon? Do I need to come to terms with the fact that 20+ year old trailers are my target demographic for this budget(which honestly feels rediculous to me)?

I was also hoping I could get some brands to watch for - this trailer will be very lightly used, maybe 5-10 weekend or day trips a year no farther than 1 hour from home so I don't need the best of the best, but I do need reliable - this has to last me 10-15 years. Feeling very discouraged reading terrible reviews for mid-range brands which makes me feel trailer ownership is unattainable for me. I am on a fixed income but want to enjoy my horse, have been looking at Merhow which buying new is too far out of budget but seem hard to find used.

Edited by OnABudget 2022-02-22 10:13 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
DLR
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2022-02-23 6:11 AM (#185182 - in reply to #185181)
Subject: RE: Am I being unreasonable?(also looking for brand recommendations)

Veteran

I just did a search on this site - Horse Trailer World.  I left the location open but did $25,000 or less with living quarters.  The return was 100 units.  I did not scan them but certainly something for you do start checking.

Having owned living quarters for 30 + years, I would not expect a lot for $25,000.  Currently own 2 4-Stars and I would not sell either for $25,000. 

Edited by DLR 2022-02-23 6:13 AM
OnABudget
Reg. Nov 2014
Posted 2022-02-23 10:43 AM (#185184 - in reply to #185182)

See that’s the thing - I DONT want a lot. I do not want living quarters. I want a large plain empty dressing room. Can be bare aluminum. I would never expect to find a newer LQ for 25k. Also would never expect to find a 4star for $25k.

Believe me, I have SCOURED every trailer for sale website I can find, looked at hundreds of ads. Still can’t find what I want.
OnABudget
Reg. Nov 2014
Posted 2022-02-23 10:44 AM (#185185 - in reply to #185181)

Also will admit I did not make it clear in my original post that I meant short wall dressing room not living quarters, my mistake
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2022-02-23 11:41 AM (#185186 - in reply to #185181)

Elite Veteran

That size dressing room is larger than typical. So that kind of trailer was often a special order, and someone took it home and started adding their own custom features. You'll find a lot more 4' shortwalls. Mangers will be unusual on anything without a factory LQ.  
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)