'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Replacing drop down doors

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-04-05 1:14 PM
2 replies, 1491 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Northstar
Reg. Mar 2021
Posted 2021-03-24 9:50 AM (#173564)
Subject: Replacing drop down doors

New User

Has anyone ever replaced drop down doors with ones that have bars? I have a 2001 Exciss and have tried all kinds of screens and guards, even custom made. Just wondering if anyone has successfully done this. The manufacturer doesn't make them. Any input or ideas is greatly appreciated!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2021-03-26 6:02 AM (#173566 - in reply to #173564)
Subject: RE: Replacing drop down doors

Elite Veteran

I don't believe you'll find a ready made drop in replacement. I belueve Exiss was using a purchased window at that time that had the bars made with it and most of those weren't very stout. Adding anything to it will be custom fabrication.  
BS Hauler
Reg. Jan 2012
Posted 2021-04-05 1:14 PM (#173593 - in reply to #173564)
Subject: RE: Replacing drop down doors

Regular

I bought a Featherlight 4h trailer from an insurance company that got the side of it singhed from a fire that was by it.  I took it back to the Featherlight plant in Crescoe, Iowa and they said they could reside it.   It only needed the painted siding replaced along with the lights on that side.  Asked them about putting bigger drop down windows in it as it didn't have the drop down bars also.  They said they had 4 brand new takeout units exactly like i wanted. I bought all 4 of them for $300 installed as that was the side they had to replace the siding on. They could not install them back into a new trailer on the production line.  Try calling the factory and see if they have anything available and if they have a repair shop.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)