'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Winter Trailer Storage

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2019-09-03 10:21 AM
1 replies, 1811 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

dressage_knight
Reg. May 2019
Posted 2019-09-03 8:40 AM (#172679)
Subject: Winter Trailer Storage

New User

Hello - I recently purchased a two horse Hawk BP that I'm hoping to keep in good condition through Minnesota's winter months which are quite harsh as far as snow and wind. We currently don't have indoor storage as an option so I'm hoping to learn about what others have done to maintain the condition through the winter months. Does anyone have experience with trailer covers? I've also considered renting an indoor storage unit but don't like the idea of not having 24/7 access in case of emergency. We've also looked at fabric covered shelters from Menards. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks so much
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jmey1820
Reg. Aug 2009
Posted 2019-09-03 10:21 AM (#172680 - in reply to #172679)
Subject: RE: Winter Trailer Storage

Regular

I am in Michigan and I also have no indoor storage so my trailer sits out 24/7.  In the winter I always park the tires on 2x10's so the tires aren't directly on the ground and put tire covers over the tires.  I have used tarps and ADCO travel trailer covers.  I have found the travel trailer cover holds up better than the tarps and you can purchase them in a size that fits your trailer.  Its better if you have a spot to put it up against a building as a bit of a wind break but  I have had the covers last several years before having to replace them.  They will all get some holes in them no matter how hard you try but gorilla tape on the inside and outside works well.  If you have sharp corners put pieces of pool noodles over them to save it from wearing through at those points.   
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)