'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Who has a SHOCKER gooseneck hitch

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-04-26 7:08 PM
4 replies, 1800 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-04-24 12:46 PM (#173654)
Subject: Who has a SHOCKER gooseneck hitch

Regular

I just bought a new shocker hitch for our Platinum lq trailer. Has the 4" round tube and 10*/20* angled pin and single locking bolt.

Got it installed and locked down but it doesn't look like it is perfectly straight as per the instruction manual shows. Loosen it and tried it again and still not perfect. Tried to call the dealer but they close at 2 on Saturday.

I'm I trying to get too perfect with it or is it wrong? Maybe a 1/16" to 1/8" off to one side.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ThreeCW
Reg. Apr 2014
Posted 2021-04-24 3:52 PM (#173655 - in reply to #173654)
Subject: RE: Who has a SHOCKER gooseneck hitch

Veteran

I found with our Shocker that it was a bit of a trial and error process to get it lined up perfectly. It is certainly best to have it lined up perfectly straight.
I suggest marking a line on the Shocker tube and trailer towing post in its present position, loosen the lock bolt and rotate the hitch to make it straight. I seemed to recall that used a small post / pipe to hold the Shocker in position while aligning it and used the trailer jack to position it up or down to get the required hitch height.
BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-04-24 5:32 PM (#173656 - in reply to #173654)

Regular

Thanks, have done all if that. I have it turned as far as it will go and still 1/16" to 1/8" off center.
Avg. person might not ever notice it but I am picky and checked it with a tape measure.

Was wanting to try it out tomorrow but do not want to damage anything.
And of course dealer and manufacturer both closed until 8am Monday.

So I guess I will wait till then.
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2021-04-26 7:05 AM (#173658 - in reply to #173654)

Elite Veteran

We have found over the years, that we often have to elongate the holes in an aftermarket hitch. This allows us to twist it as needed to get it straight. Usually doesn't take much. There seems to be no set standard from one trailer manufacturer to another on the pin placement.
BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-04-26 7:08 PM (#173661 - in reply to #173658)

Regular

RTSmith - 2021-04-26 9:05 AM

We have found over the years, that we often have to elongate the holes in an aftermarket hitch. This allows us to twist it as needed to get it straight. Usually doesn't take much. There seems to be no set standard from one trailer manufacturer to another on the pin placement.

Thank you.

Shocker did actually call me today and I sent them pictures and they said there would be no problems at all. Said if I wanted I could haul it to one of their local dealers to and they would make the adjustments for me if I was bother by it being off. Just like you mentioned, with so many trailers they have run into a few that was a little off center.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)