'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Circle J slide out issue

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-10-27 8:39 AM
3 replies, 2609 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Christine
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2018-10-24 3:44 PM (#171984)
Subject: Circle J slide out issue

New User

I have a 2007 Circle J Mirage LQ with a 6 ft. slide out. Have traveled all over the country and never had a problem until now. Can't bring the slide in and cannot locate the manual override. Have taken the carpet off the inside face of the slide and it's screwed in and stapled to the plywood floor so not easily accessible to the motor. Has anyone else encountered this problem and how did you solve it?I have reached out to the new owners of Circle J, Big Tex, and they can't help and the dealer I purchased from is also no longer in business.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2018-10-26 6:39 AM (#171987 - in reply to #171984)
Subject: RE: Circle J slide out issue

Elite Veteran

Not familiar with the Circle J. Sorry. But- not all slides have a manual override. And those that do it only works for certain issues mainly a motor not working or power issue. Gear/cable/chain/gear issues normally will need repair before it moves. 
brokenboot
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2018-10-26 3:06 PM (#171989 - in reply to #171987)

Regular

I don't have a Circle J and am not familiar with how their slides work.  However, we were camping once and lost power to the slide motor on our Trails West.  We'd just unloaded the horses and couldn't get the slide to go out.  I located the motor and override lever underneath the slideout.  But switching a lever, I was able to move the slideout without the use of the electric motor and found that a socket and rachet fit perfectly and gave enough leverage to easily move the slideout.  Mine turned out to be a short and we were lucky enough to have a camper offer his electronic expertise to find and fix the broken wire.  But I was relieved to find I could move the slide in or out without electricity if need be.  Good luck with yours!
beeoerdog
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2018-10-27 8:39 AM (#171991 - in reply to #171984)

Extreme Veteran

can you hear any noises at all? Check underneath the slide and see if the rollers are on solid material...I have seen the rollers poke thru the plywood making it impossible for the slide to move
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)