'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Minimum slat stall width for stud wall partition

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-05-20 5:46 AM
1 replies, 1409 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

joybell
Reg. Apr 2021
Posted 2021-05-15 10:50 AM (#173699)
Subject: Minimum slat stall width for stud wall partition

I have a 2 horses slant load trailer. The first stall is only 34" wide. I would love to add a stud wall so that I can transport hay in the first stall and my horse in the back stall. However, most of the time he is in the first stall when we are only going on a day trip. He is a 15.2h Morgan. Is 34" inches enough width to allow him to brace his legs during travel if I put a stud wall on the bottom part of the partition? And how high off the floor should it be so that a foot won't go too far underneath?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jmey1820
Reg. Aug 2009
Posted 2021-05-20 5:46 AM (#173708 - in reply to #173699)
Subject: RE: Minimum slat stall width for stud wall partition

Regular

My "stud divider" is a sheet of 3/4 inch plywood.  I have a three horse trailer and at most haul two horses so the stall made smaller by the plywood is only for storage.  I'm not sure how wide my stalls are.   I would think every horse is different as far as how much space they require to be comfortable.  Maybe try a piece of plywood where the stud divider would be, put him in and ride with him in the back on a short trip around the block to see how he handles the reduced space?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)