'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer ramp refurbish

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-04-20 11:22 AM
0 replies, 2473 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2018-04-20 11:22 AM (#171533)
Subject: Trailer ramp refurbish

Extreme Veteran

I bought the little 1996 Logan Coach 2 horse straight load with ramp to refurbish - basicly to do a little welding and repaint and restripe with a quality paint job.    Now, the ramp needs a little strengthening on one corner, so I'll take it in to the good welder to have it done right. But, Question  One is what should I do?  I wonder if I should take this opportunity to upgrade the spring system.  The hinges are in good shape.  The original design for lifting the ramp works well and is in good shape, but it does occur to me that an upgrade might be well timed since the ramp will have some welding done anyway and the welder will by right there to do whatever should be done.  Would you put more up-to-date spring hinges on the bottom of the ramp?  If so, which ones?  Question Two is about the ramp and slipperiness. The ramp is covreed with a standard mat.  In the old days there was a different kind of mat used and that prevented slipping.  This does not.  How do I make this ramp less slippery? Thanks for any comments or ideas.The little trailer is a keeper, so I want to set it up well, and just have it forever.  I don't mind splurging on the ramp, but like I said, the old system that is in place does work well.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)