'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer floor extrusion

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-11-10 10:00 AM
2 replies, 3580 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Dave O
Reg. Nov 2017
Posted 2017-11-07 12:10 PM (#170815)
Subject: Trailer floor extrusion

New User

I'm looking for trailer floor sections for a cherokee trailer. They are smooth on top and have 3 ribs on the bottom. They join w tounge and groove, with just one 1/8 in rib on one side and reviving groove on the other. I need two 80'' long pieces if anyone has some or knows where I can get them.
Cherokee trailer is no longer in business and as I understand ever trailer manufacturer has there own proprietary design so I need help if anyone can.
Thanks Dave O
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2017-11-09 12:04 PM (#170822 - in reply to #170815)
Subject: RE: Trailer floor extrusion

Expert

If all else fails Contact DuraMag®, they do customization. If you have any questions, concerns or just want to kick around some option ideas, feel free to call the factory directly (207-660-4700). Their hours are 8-5 M-F, EST. 

Or try these guys...:)

http://www.reliablehardware.com/tongueingroove.aspx

Last idea...H
ave your trailer dealer see if they have contacts with junk yards that handle horse trailers...and scavenge some floorboards from a wrecked Cherokee

Edited by PaulChristenson 2017-11-09 12:09 PM
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2017-11-10 10:00 AM (#170823 - in reply to #170815)
Subject: RE: Trailer floor extrusion

Elite Veteran

Realistically, you are looking for a needle in a haystack. While I don't know exactly what the Cherokee floor looked like, it sounds similar to many. In the real world, you are most likely going to just find as similar planks as possible (frankly whatever dealer you have closest by that may have some floor pieces), and fit them in. With some extra welding at the joint where it  may not quite fit together perfectly, coupled with possibly an angle or tube welded in underneath it, you can make something that will probably be stronger than the original trailer even.

Flooring material is just not something many dealers have sitting around. And there just aren't that many Cherokees, so hence my thoughts there just isn't a very good chance you'll find what you want. To Paul's note- while there may be one, I am not aware of a horse trailer boneyard. Virtually every trailer I have ever seen totaled, was either rebuilt, or there weren't any straight pieces left on it and it went for scrap metal.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)