'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Flooring in Horse Area

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-01-08 8:35 AM
1 replies, 1613 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cmc17
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-01-07 10:10 AM (#173415)
Subject: Flooring in Horse Area

New User

I am hoping to avoid use of shavings with my mare who frequently pees in the trailer on rides over 45 minutes. The 2021 Merhow 2H LQ I am considering for horse camping has Equiflex flooring with a "durable" lighter weight cushion similar to Werm, but is installed differently. Werm supposedly has an impermeable bottom layer so that when you hose it out, no waste or moisture comes into contact with the trailer floor (trailer has to be slanted to drain out properly). With Equiflex, 3/8" holes are drilled into the aluminum trailer floor so waste and water drain directly through the flooring. The Equiflex product method seems like it could affect the integrity of the flooring and/or leave behind traces of urine on the aluminum??
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2021-01-08 8:35 AM (#173416 - in reply to #173415)
Subject: RE: Flooring in Horse Area

Elite Veteran

I don't believe I'd worry about the 3/8" holes affecting structure, assuming someone with sense drills them not into main supports. Yes- I can forsee some urine hanging around and not getting flushed out thouroughly, but hopefully you wash it often enough it gets washed out and or diluted eventually.

But- I think you'll want shavings so it doesn't splash back up on her. Just my thoughts.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)