'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Starting a Dealership

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2020-12-03 7:14 AM
1 replies, 3267 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Loop Head Ranch
Reg. Dec 2020
Posted 2020-12-02 2:37 PM (#173379)
Subject: Starting a Dealership

New User

I saw a post from 2010-11 where a poster asked about starting a trailer dealership, there seemed to be quite a bit of negativity around starting one from scratch. Is there a franchise opportunity out there? I am working with an area business consulting group conducting a market study, but thought I would ask for any info/insight the posters in this forum might have to offer.
Thank you in advance.
LH
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2020-12-03 7:14 AM (#173380 - in reply to #173379)
Subject: RE: Starting a Dealership

Elite Veteran

Well, this might get interesting. I heard an owner of a horse trailer dealership (that is no longer with us) back in the Recession saying he didn't really enjoy writing a check every month for $25,000 to be in the horse trailer business. I have a couple of friends who have dealerships and earn livings doing it so that's good. I have more friends that no longer have dealerships and seem very happy. There was a bus/RV dealer once, who got 4 Star trailers. Then liquidated those horse trailers. Said those horse folks are just different. :) . So to each his own I reckon. Having looked at trailers posted for sale here, knowing what it cost the dealer, and the length of time it might take to sell, frankly I am surprised there are as many dealers as there are. Most of them don't charge enough to run the kind of business that most of us horse owners want to deal with.I want my dealer to be like my tractor dealer- there for me from start to finish. A lot of horse trailer folks want to forget about you after you maske the purchase. I don't need the service folks often, but when I do, I do. I tried the RV shop, and they didn't want my gooseneck trailer anywhere around. Just my opinion.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)