'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Saddle storage in a gooseneck with no tack area.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-07-13 10:37 AM
1 replies, 4938 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2017-07-13 9:14 AM (#170261)
Subject: Saddle storage in a gooseneck with no tack area.

Extreme Veteran

Hi there, we have recently bought a 95 Sundowner 4H head to tail trailer as a local runabout. This trailer has the heads of the first row of horses in the gooseneck and I'm just wondering if anyone has any pictures or ideas for saddle storage in the gooseneck. I'm not having any luck on Google. I'm thinking of just a calf gate half way up there and a saddle rack bolted in the wall... not the most convenient to get into, but it’s at least a place to put things when you need the space. I know there were tons of these type of 4 and 2 horse trailers around in the 80s and 90s... surely someone has come up with some ingenious storage ideas.

Thanks for the help

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cutter1999
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2017-07-13 10:37 AM (#170265 - in reply to #170261)
Subject: RE: Saddle storage in a gooseneck with no tack area.

Veteran

I have a stock trailer with a calf gate. I can put my Western saddles up in the neck, resting on their horns, if I am hauling more than two horses. If I am only hauling less than two, I put the horses in the rear compartment of the trailer and use a portable saddle rack that I got at TSC.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/three-tier-saddle-rack-wit...

I only use the bottom part with a rack for one saddle and can stack the saddles on each other. The square base makes the rack pretty stable and I sit it in the driver's side corner on the floor of the trailer.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)