'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ Trailer Hailed On

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-07-08 10:46 AM
4 replies, 5546 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TLR
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2017-07-01 8:14 AM (#170192)
Subject: LQ Trailer Hailed On

Regular

The other night storms rolled through  our area and we received hail damage  on our 2016 LQ trailer. I would appreciate hearing from those out there who have experiened hail damage on their trailer and how they were treated by their Insurance Company. Thanx for any info related to this issue.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ckkoch09
Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2017-07-01 9:14 AM (#170194 - in reply to #170192)
Subject: RE: LQ Trailer Hailed On

I remember a while ago storms came through my area and did $9,000.00 dollars worth of damage to my travel trailer. My insurance company was great about it and the shop replaced all the damaged siding and vents pretty quick. I can't remember how much damage was done to our truck but they fixed it as well. 
RustyScupper
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2017-07-06 1:02 PM (#170221 - in reply to #170192)

Veteran

You don't mention your trailer manufacturer.  Some trailers have "stretched" aluminium roofing (4Star).  I was told by 4Star that the living quarters needed to be removed and roof replaced and the living quarters added back in.  Cost to do so far exceeds the value of the trailer.   Insurance company jerked me around came up with comparables that were not comparable.  2 days before court date they settled for my value plus "bad faith" for jerking me around.

Document all of your conversations, do your due dilligencene and find an advocate....you may need one.  Good Luck.

TLR
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2017-07-08 9:09 AM (#170225 - in reply to #170192)

Regular

Rusty Scupper,
Thanks for your reply, that is the type of info I need. I have a 2016 Lakota Bighorn with what appears to be light roof damage, but my adjuster has not looked @ it yet. I was just wondering what I could Expect.

RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2017-07-08 10:46 AM (#170227 - in reply to #170192)

Elite Veteran

Well, I respectfully disagree a touch. Yes, most aluminum roofs are one piece, and rolled on to the outer edge and riveted. And they are tight. But there are many replaced each year without removing the LQ portion. Yes, it takes a bit longer on an LQ trailer, but nothing from the LQ portion goes into the roof. But remember- 4 Star does not install LQs so not sure where their reference level is. So yes- while it may be easier to replace the roof on a trailer with no LQ, it can certainly be done while the LQ is there. 

Now- yes, with hail dimples in an aluminum roof the only way to bring it to pre-accident condition is to reskin the roof. Unless the damage is bad, it generally isn't necessary. In the SE United States, many of the trailers have some type of minor hail damage they've picked up over the years that isn't harming anything. But- I have seen some that severely damaged the roof and actual replacement was advised. And it isn't a cheap escapade either, even with leaving the LQ alone. If I see a trailer with minor roof only damage, frankly as a rule I'd rather leave it original, rather than peeling the entire roof off. Take the money, and adjust the value accordingly. The one caveat with that, is your insuror may not cover it for that anymore, as they have no way of determining new damage from previously unrepaired damage. Just my 2 cents worth.

Edited by RTSmith 2017-07-08 10:50 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)