'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
diy living quarters

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-07-09 7:01 AM
3 replies, 4446 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rocknjm
Reg. Jun 2017
Posted 2017-06-25 3:44 PM (#170140)
Subject: diy living quarters

New User

so ill be redoing a 1999 4 horse sooner and I would like to see if any other diy guy and gals have suggestions on wiring it up for ac and fridge. what have yall used as far as converters and such? any help is appreciated. this my have been asked but cant seem to get search to work.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2017-06-25 4:43 PM (#170141 - in reply to #170140)
Subject: RE: diy living quarters

Elite Veteran

Try looking at RV salvage like Colaw's (MO) for power inverters, fridge/microwaves/sinks/sofas, etc.... save some money and get advice.
PDGx
Reg. Jul 2011
Posted 2017-06-26 8:32 AM (#170148 - in reply to #170140)

Veteran

I used the Progressive Dynamics power panel as it provided more than adequate AC and D.C. Breakers/fuses to power everything.
You can internet search RV suppliers, Amazon and EBay stores to find the best deal on any component you need.
I wired everything I could for 12v so I could survive off of battery and solar as much as possible. It makes it much easier when you don't have to start a generator to function.
The AC side is only needed for the Air Conditioner and microwave, but can also be used to power the refrigerator/freezer and water heater when on generator.
Here's a list of some of the major components I used.

Dometic Sunchaser 8500 19' awning
Norcold DE0061 AC or D.C. ref/frz
Camco LP valve
Dometic 13.5 rooftop AC
Honeywell T812D thermostat
Atwood LP/Co monitor
Suburban SW6DE AC or LP Water heater
Advent P90D23AL microwave
Paragon Neo Angle shower base
Fantastic Endless breeze auto temp roof vent
Progressive dynamics power panel
165w ecoawareness solar panel
Thetford toilet

Like I've mentioned before, spend a LOT of time laying out and detail dimensioning your plan ahead of time. And you need to take the dimensions of everything seriously in tight spaces to make the result professional.
stacih
Reg. May 2017
Posted 2017-07-09 7:01 AM (#170229 - in reply to #170140)

I am in the process of adding a living quarter to an old steel trailer. I found bestconvertor.com to be a good place to look at the different convertors out there. I called Randy that works there, he was very rude, but stated that the progressive dynamics was the best. They are not that expensive around $170. I am looking for used camper parts to put in my renovation but decided that a new convertor would probably be best.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)