'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Drop down windows won't stay down

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-04-04 2:05 PM
5 replies, 7056 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mrarick
Reg. Mar 2017
Posted 2017-03-31 12:50 PM (#169681)
Subject: Drop down windows won't stay down

I recently bought a 2014 Shadow GN with LQ. Love the trailer, but the drop down feed windows won't stay down when traveling at high speeds. If I get over about 50 mph, they start floating up. I live in Florida, so we really like to travel with the windows down. They have the standard rubber bumper at the bottom that pinches the window handle when the window is down. I believe that bumper has worn over time and isn't pinching the handle enough to hold the window down.

Is there any place to purchase replacement bumpers? I have searched the Internet for hours and cannot find these bumpers. It's NOT a round bumper. It's rectangular and pinches the handle on both sides. This is a pretty standard window type on Shadow, Bison and Lakota trailers, so I find it hard to believe I'm the first one to have this problem.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

Edited by mrarick 2017-03-31 12:53 PM

(1788588_orig.jpg)

(img-9853_orig.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1788588_orig.jpg (15KB - 8 downloads)
Attachments img-9853_orig.jpg (11KB - 3 downloads)
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
akinstrailers
Reg. Apr 2009
Posted 2017-03-31 3:01 PM (#169683 - in reply to #169681)
Subject: RE: Drop down windows won't stay down

Veteran

They're Starquest windows made by Lippert:  http://www.lci1.com/equestrian-trailer-windows  
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2017-04-01 4:36 AM (#169685 - in reply to #169681)

Expert

mrarick - 2017-03-31 12:50 PM I recently bought a 2014 Shadow GN with LQ. Love the trailer, but the drop down feed windows won't stay down when traveling at high speeds. If I get over about 50 mph, they start floating up. I live in Florida, so we really like to travel with the windows down. They have the standard rubber bumper at the bottom that pinches the window handle when the window is down. I believe that bumper has worn over time and isn't pinching the handle enough to hold the window down. Is there any place to purchase replacement bumpers? I have searched the Internet for hours and cannot find these bumpers. It's NOT a round bumper. It's rectangular and pinches the handle on both sides. This is a pretty standard window type on Shadow, Bison and Lakota trailers, so I find it hard to believe I'm the first one to have this problem. Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

You are not the only/first one to have this problem...   Another reason my Shadow moved on down the road... I have other trailers with the same style setup and you really have to push and pull on them to latch and unlatch, the Shadow just kinda flopped around..... 
rhooton
Reg. Dec 2013
Posted 2017-04-02 12:48 PM (#169687 - in reply to #169681)

Regular

Had the same problem with my windows.  Triple M Trailers in Canton Texas has that part on hand, saw them on the shelfs Friday, also Dixie Horse & Mule can get them for you. 
Kay
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2017-04-03 7:44 AM (#169691 - in reply to #169681)

Extreme Veteran

Why don't you simply call Shadow. I bet they will send them to you. Tell them what is happening. If no one informs them of a problem, they won't be trying to remedy it. No, we don't sell Shadow trailers, but give them a chance first.
mrarick
Reg. Mar 2017
Posted 2017-04-04 2:05 PM (#169707 - in reply to #169681)

Thank you all for your advice. I called Shadow Trailer parts and ordered a couple of these replacement hold downs at $10 each.

He also gave me a temporary fix-- Pry the rubber back and slip a nickel or washer in place to squeeze the hold down a little tighter. Two nickels (one on either side) for more grip. 10 cents versus 10 dollars!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)