'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Best Lq trailer for trail riding

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-01-01 9:11 PM
2 replies, 3767 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

dbd53
Reg. Sep 2013
Posted 2016-12-30 9:57 AM (#169047)
Subject: Best Lq trailer for trail riding

New User

I am looking at purchasing a new LQ , I travel alot of back country rough roads. I now own a 2004 Featherlite 4 horse warmblood size, without a lq . I purchased this trailer used about 4 years and have taken it every where it has given me great service and structurally strong and sound . I am looking for same quality in lq ,I just can't afford a new Featherlite Lq
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
AZgrulla
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2017-01-01 7:33 AM (#169050 - in reply to #169047)
Subject: RE: Best Lq trailer for trail riding

Veteran

IMHO....I would find a steel frame/aluminum skin trailer...no slide if you travel rough roads...will hold up better than the all-aluminum trailers...it does not add too much weight to the trailer...

Cutter1999
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2017-01-01 9:11 PM (#169052 - in reply to #169047)
Subject: RE: Best Lq trailer for trail riding

Veteran

In the end, only you can determine what the best trailer is for your situation.

We currently have a 2003 Featherlite with a 13' living quarters. We picked it up for an extremely reasonable price, and it is built like a tank. We did have to upgrade our truck for this trailer, from SRW one ton to a DRW one ton. Our trailer has a square nose, which limited the number of people looking at it, and it was greatly reduced in price because of it. But, between the cost of the trailer itself, and putting 5 new quality tires in it, we were well below $30K.

We camp east of the Mississippi and it works for the places we go. I have not encountered a campgrounds we have not been able to get in and out of yet. Sometimes it takes a little maneuvering, but isn't that part of the fun?

That being said, if my husband decides at any point he will not be going camping, I could very easily downsize to something substantially smaller. I admit I do look at smaller trailers as I travel more by myself due to my husband's work schedule, but I have yet to find something comparable for the same price as what we already have.

Decide what is important to YOU! Most people are not going so far out that they need to worry about a trailer falling apart, unless it is of very poor quality. Find a trailer you feel comfortable towing and a tow vehicle that can handle what you want to pull.

Edited by Cutter1999 2017-01-01 9:12 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)