'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Soft touch ceiling

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2020-11-25 4:36 PM
2 replies, 1603 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Bigtex
Reg. Sep 2010
Posted 2020-11-23 5:25 PM (#173368)
Subject: Soft touch ceiling

New User

My 2008 Bloomer has soft touch material on the ceiling and it is coming delaminated. My insurance company denied the claim because no visible hole is in the roof, therefore water must be entering by way of the gasket between the AC and roof. They said it is a maintance issue therefore leading to a claim denial. I haven't seen any water damage on the ceiling, maybe something else is causing the problem? AC & heater stay on during their relative time, trailer says plugged in year around. Anyone have anyadvice dealing with the insurance company?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2020-11-24 6:40 AM (#173370 - in reply to #173368)
Subject: RE: Soft touch ceiling

Elite Veteran

I would think that if you had water entering the ceiling through anywhere, you'd see staining. So frankly, I don't think you have water entering at all. I have seen several older trailers with softtouch where it was drooping and was attributed to plain old age.
Cutter1999
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2020-11-25 4:36 PM (#173372 - in reply to #173368)
Subject: RE: Soft touch ceiling

Veteran

Even if it were water damage, they would most likely deny any claim unless the damage was caused by an accident or act of God, such as hail damage or a tree falling on the trailer.

Most leaks in horse trailers are caused by seams drying out and not have resealing done in a timely manner.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)