'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Is this a scam?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-08-24 7:31 AM
3 replies, 2997 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Lynn0202
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2011-08-23 9:38 PM (#136926)
Subject: Is this a scam?

Veteran

I posted my trailer for sale on Craigslist and here two or three days ago. Guy emails me with several good questions and request for more pics (he saw it on Craigslist). After seeing pics, he wants my PayPal email address so he can send the money before he even looks at the trailer.

You know what they say about it seeming too good to be true. He hasn't even asked the obvious question of "Would you take less for it?" I'd love to sell it to him.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
oregontrailrider
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2011-08-23 10:58 PM (#136932 - in reply to #136926)
Subject: RE: Is this a scam?

I would say most likely yes - it is a scam.  Some of the scammers are getting more "professional" in their inquiries.  You can't be too careful these days.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2011-08-24 12:37 AM (#136936 - in reply to #136926)

Expert

I recently put an ad on Craiglist locally for free scrap wood.You wouldn't believe the # of folks who tried every which way to get me to post my address to them that I had repeatedly told in private emails to CALL ME.Only one guy was for real,and,he did call promptly after I asked him to and also provided me with his phone #.He is the only one who showed up for the wood.

I set my listings where my information won't be seen in public,but,you'll still get whackos that privately contact you with emails.Insist that they CALL you.Provide your cell # if you like or you can purchase a temporary cell phone with pre-paid minutes just for contact calls.If they don't call,and won't give you a phone #,they're just messin with you.

JacciB
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2011-08-24 7:31 AM (#136942 - in reply to #136926)

Extreme Veteran

GREATadvice, I love the idea of the temporary cell phone.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)