'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Adding auxillary batteries to my trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-11-27 10:37 AM
2 replies, 2772 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

4-H Dad
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2010-11-27 7:54 AM (#127490)
Subject: Adding auxillary batteries to my trailer

I am adding two deep cycle 12V batteries to my trailer & cant' find a clear answer on how to connect to the trailer wiring. I do have the "+ feed" charging the emergency brake battery, do I simply run a "pig-tail" from this wire to my batteris & then another spliced back into to my interior lights (and eventually a seperate run to a 12V fuse block for more accesories)  We would like to have 12V power without being connected to the tow vehicle.

** Really like this site **

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-11-27 9:54 AM (#127497 - in reply to #127490)
Subject: RE: Adding auxillary batteries to my trailer

Expert

You will want to run a heavy guage B+ wire to a fuse box. From this distribution point, your seperate circuits will start. You will need a master fuse that matches the AWG B+ feed from the batteries. The present trailer lighting circuits will be terminated at this power supply.

If you want your power supply to be separate from the truck, you will need an independent charging system. You can install a simple automotive battery charger, one that will have to be monitored so it doesn't overcharge, or better units that have built in float circuits for proper battery maintenance.

A battery powered 12V system is inexpensive and easy to install. If your needs later include shore 110V AC power, this part of your system can be fed by a converter and you only have to change the power center's feed source.

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2010-11-27 10:37 AM (#127499 - in reply to #127490)
Subject: RE: Adding auxillary batteries to my trailer

Expert

The water heaters that I'e had, usually had 3 valves. One in front of and one behind the water heater to isolate the water heater and 3rd valve to drain the water heater.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)