Not working Electric Jack
CaspianRavenscroft
Reg. May 2023
Posted 2023-05-21 5:35 PM (#185570)
Subject: Not working Electric Jack

New User

Hi,
I own a Bison LQ trailer with two front jacks that are operated by an electric motor. Typically, the jacks have been slow, but on my last trip, the motor seemed unusually slow at first and then functioned normally. However, when I returned home and attempted to lower the trailer after lifting it to remove the truck, I encountered a problem. My electric jacks suddenly stopped working entirely. I have already charged the battery and inspected the motor for any debris. Unfortunately, when I press the raise or lower buttons, there is no response whatsoever. It's as if the system is completely dead. I've been conducting some research and it appears that the issue could be related to the motor, a grounding problem, or a faulty connection. Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? It seems strange for the motor to suddenly stop functioning like this. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
tobruk
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2023-05-21 9:19 PM (#185571 - in reply to #185570)
Subject: RE: Not working Electric Jack

Veteran

How old are the batteries?  Can you check the output with a meter to be sure they're putting out the max voltage.  Batteries need to be 100% or close to it.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page