Second Story Option on Blue Moon Trailers?
RollinPonies
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2019-03-23 7:26 PM (#172276)
Subject: Second Story Option on Blue Moon Trailers?

Veteran

Has anyone retrofitted their Blue Moon Trailer with the second story balcony option?
Looking for practical advice about how often you use it and whether the upgrade is a DIY project or if I need to take it to the dealer. This is a 2014 carpeted floor model with the unobtainium wall panels and nuclear bluetooth braking,
Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
RollinPonies
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2019-04-12 11:22 AM (#172320 - in reply to #172276)
Subject: RE: Second Story Option on Blue Moon Trailers?

Elite Veteran

I haven't been on HTW for forever and this is the first post I see.  So glad to see Blue Moon Trailers are still alive and well.  Thanks Rollin Ponies!  
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2019-04-13 8:01 AM (#172323 - in reply to #172276)

Elite Veteran

Go ahead and do yours, then I'll decide...! 
RollinPonies
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2019-05-13 8:50 PM (#172376 - in reply to #172276)

Veteran

We’ll be steering clear of the second story option. Just too much drag. Also looks like it would be just one more broken rear window on those sharp turns and the body shop says they can only replace the rear window four times before they have to reinforce the back of that crew cab.
The wife and I are taking the Blue Moon over Raton Pass And Wolf Creek Pass next week. Nuclear Bluetooth braking is a “must have” on those grades! All y’all pulling conventional trailers probably can’t even begin to understand the confidence that Nuclear Bluetooth braking gives a driver that is facing the near-death experience of Wolf Creek pass just ahead of an overweight log truck. It’s truly exhilarating! Puts a healthy glow on your outlook. By comparison, “conventional” electric brakes are about as effective as dragging your foot.
(Reminds me of the time Old Baby Bay dropped the ramp and “water skied” for two miles on I-40 just east of Clines Corners. We were headed to a reining event in Tucumcari after the big fall dressage show in Gallup. Sure glad we put those extra thick shoes on the little fella. But that’s a story for another time.)
Hope all of you are enjoying spring weather, getting your trailer all turbo-acid washed, floor polished and mechanically serviced for lots of safe towing of your furry, four legged money disposals. If you are interested, I’ll post some road reports of our pull with Old Baby Bay in the mountains with the finest trailer made, that being the Blue Moon.

Roll on!