4 Star or Hart trailer
Fox
Reg. Aug 2018
Posted 2018-08-02 8:00 PM (#171770)
Subject: 4 Star or Hart trailer

New User

I am looking to buy a 2 horse bumper trailer as a secondary trailer to use on short hauls. I have never had a slant load but am leaning to one as they seem to be shorter overall. I have found a 1995 4Star deluxe that seems to be in good shape and also a 2013 Hart. The Hart is twice the price of the 4Star. The Hart does have Werm flooring which is a plus in my book. I have heard you can't beat the older 4Stars but I hear only good things about Hart also.

I also found a Frontier Strider that has all the things I would like in a trailer but I know nothing about that brand. Any thoughts?

I would appreciate any and all opinions.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2018-08-03 6:35 AM (#171771 - in reply to #171770)
Subject: RE: 4 Star or Hart trailer

Elite Veteran

Just my opinions of course- For starters, 18 years age difference between the 4 Star and Hart makes some money difference. For example, trailer wiring ages & becomes brittle. The rubber in the torsion axles is aged. An old trailer, while likely well built, will show sign of age. You didn't mention actual prices or available funds, but I'd lean towards the Hart. In my experience, the 2H run around trailer gets a lot more use than the LQ.
WERM- you'll love it as long as it doesn't give any problems. But it can be fixed if it ever does.
Frontier trailers- Alright, but the ones I've seen aren't in the class of the Hart or 4 Star.
Fox
Reg. Aug 2018
Posted 2018-08-03 9:26 AM (#171772 - in reply to #171770)
Subject: RE: 4 Star or Hart trailer

New User

Thank you. Unfortunately to add to my confusion a 2006 Platinum has shown up at a really good price and now I am agonizing over it. I think I have eliminated the older 4Star for many of the reasons you mentioned. Now my fear is the price is "too" good on the Platinum. I don't want to fall into some sort of scam.