ACR-2 Automatic Changeover Regulator
klmcbri
Reg. Mar 2014
Posted 2017-04-07 7:49 AM (#169717)
Subject: ACR-2 Automatic Changeover Regulator

On the way back from our last trip went to cook breakfast and had no gas, this regulator is supposedly an automatic changeover and it has "automatically" chaged over in the past. We keep both tanks open and have the valve pointed to one tank.  That morning hubby manually changed the lever over and tried to light the stove.  No luck, smelled gas so opened all windows and turned on the bathroom fan.  We were running on batteries at the time.  Had just gone to battery less that 24 hours prior.  So the CO alarm starts going off. Cannot silence the thing with the mute button.  So we start pulling fuses, finally get the CO2 alarm to shut off.  Got breakfast cooked and turned the gas off at the tanks and headed home.  Called Lakota and they said the CO2 alarm would not stop likely because the batteries were low, it was getting a "fault" alternating lights green and red.  From less than 24 hours of use?  So at home plugged into the 30 amp and the CO2 alarm is no longer going off.  We plan to boondock more this summer at mounted shooting events, not pleased with this prospect of CO2 alarm going off every time we cook. Any thoughts on that?  Lakota said those alarms can go bad in a short amount of time.  Trailer is a 2015 Lakota Charger.  Next issue is the LP regulator. ACR-2 as stated in the subject of the post.  Lakota won't warranty the part but its only $45 to replace it thru campingworld.  My question is there a better model of Automatic changeover regulators?  Is it possible it needs some sort of cleaning? I've heard of mounting bracket issues so I may just buy the same one.  Is this easy to replace, rather not haul the trailer 2 hours up to Lakota to have them swap it out. If we swap it out what is the procedure, looks like the lines have a twist off type connection.  I have heard about using soapy water to check for leaks, anyone got a step by step so we don't blow anything up?

Thanks,
Kathy
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
TS351
Reg. Apr 2014
Posted 2017-04-07 8:59 AM (#169718 - in reply to #169717)
Subject: RE: ACR-2 Automatic Changeover Regulator

Regular

Are you sure the changeover is bad?  Could it have switched already and both tanks have been empty? Or a bad tank? When tanks are empty you can still get gas smell from stove but won't light. Were other things still working. refig,water heater? The CO2 take a while to clear or depending on what batteries you have could be the cause?? The batteries that came in our 2014 Lak. ( World Wide) were not very good and would only last a day or two, We upgraded to Interstates and are out for 10 days at a time now with no issues. I run the Honda 2000 for an hour or so while taking showers in the AM to keep them topped off. We run the bath fan all night most nights or heat on nights needed. Lights seem to be the biggest drain,I switched all our to LEDs which saves a lot of battery. Lakota now puts Interstates in from factory but I would check to see what you have.
  Changing the changeover if needed is not hard remove 3 gas lines and reinstall on new one with some teflon tape on threads, check for leaks with soapy water   Good luck
share Top of the page Bottom of the page