Replacing carpet in dressing rooms
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-06-02 1:36 PM (#85064)
Subject: Replacing carpet in dressing rooms

Expert

I've got a couple of trailers with dressing rooms that have some thin carpet on the floor.Over time it has gotten damp,and one of them has a 'doggy" smell probably from the previous owners using as a dog kennel at shows or something.

Anyhow,I would like to take up those carpets and replace them with rubber matting.Most of the rubber mats I find at places such as TSC is really thick and heavy,and I don't think I need anything quiet like that for it.

Do you have suggestions as to the best way to go about doing this? Do I try to save the old cut out piece for a templete? Will it be pretty hard to find a piece of rubber mat to fit the dressing rooms,and cutting it to fit a nightmare if I don't save the carpet? Any special floor prep needed?

Thanks. 

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
barntoys4mom
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-06-03 8:25 AM (#85117 - in reply to #85064)
Subject: RE: Replacing carpet in dressing rooms

Veteran

A couple of places to check are fitness retailers, they sell rubber mats in thiner increments to place under weight lifting equipment. Also, your comercial restaurants suppliers carry them for kitchen and bar use. Best part about the restaurant suppliers, you can have custom ones made to size or buy a precut sheet. Third, you can use truck bed lining material as well. Good Luck!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page