Silverlite trailers
buttercup
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-04-22 9:45 PM (#82434)
Subject: Silverlite trailers

Has anyone heard anything, positive or negative, about Silverlite trailers?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Qtrhorseluver
Reg. Apr 2008
Posted 2008-04-23 3:26 PM (#82505 - in reply to #82434)
Subject: RE: Silverlite trailers

I have no experience with them but my local horse trailer dealer use to sell them and no longer does as they had problems with the rooks leaking.
walkersandweims
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-04-23 7:02 PM (#82512 - in reply to #82434)

Just bought a new Silverlite Freedom in February . they are a new Brand for Our Area in the NE region so I have,nt seen many so far. From what I hear they are well known out West. I can,t complain as I have not had it long enough, But have,nt had any problems so far...knock on wood. When i first looked at it, we just had a storm the night before so I was able to get a good Look as to if the roof leaked and it did,nt .Good Warranty, Nice looking welds .

MW
buttercup
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-04-23 7:21 PM (#82517 - in reply to #82434)

Are they all aluminum or steel frame and aluminum skin? Dug a little bit and found some old posts in the archives and most comments were positive.
CindyClaunch
Reg. Apr 2008
Posted 2008-04-23 11:37 PM (#82534 - in reply to #82434)

New User

I own a Silverlite PatriotII trailer and am very happy with it. I have had a few minor problems. My fridge has never worked on propane but I blame Norcold for that. My linoleum flooring is coming up but I live in the desert. Their service is very good. I broke a window and they were helpful getting me a replacment. They have also sent me free light covers that the horses have broken. I do wish that they had mangers and storage compartments as an option. I like the layout of my living quarters. The counters are big enough to be able to prepare food and also to set a TV on at night. I like the fact that they put conduit around their exposed electrical wires. I have friends who had a Bison that exposed wiring caused a short. If I had to buy another trailer, I would go with a Silverlite again. Hope this helps
Kay
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-04-24 3:05 PM (#82568 - in reply to #82434)

Extreme Veteran

Don't confuse Silverlite with Silver Star.  Silver Star is/was an East coast company that I think is closed down now.  You will find lots of comment on the Silver Stars in the archives.

Silverlite is an all aluminum trailer built in Oregon, a very nice well built trailer.

walkersandweims
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-04-25 2:20 PM (#82622 - in reply to #82568)

YES.. I hear alot of folks get Silverlite and Silverstar confused. Silverstar went out of business.they just did,nt make a solid, well made Trailer .
buttercup
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-04-25 6:11 PM (#82631 - in reply to #82434)

It is the Silverlite that I am interested in.  I know they are a fairly new trailer company and seem to have a good reputation for quality trailers.  It's always nice to hear from people who have had one for a few of years or who know someone else who has.