My Sundowner frame experience
TwoBucksRanch
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-03-13 7:44 PM (#79521)
Subject: My Sundowner frame experience

I want to add my recent experience with Sundowner, but first, THANK YOU VA COWBOY for that first post. My story-

When I saw the 2001 valuelite I just had to have it. It was in pristine condition and was everything I wanted at the right price. I didn't look at the frame because....well, I'm an idiot. The trailer was on the Sundowner dealers lot and he said it had been inspected and was ready to go, in perfect condition. As an avid HTW reader, I am ashamed to admit that I didn't do a better inspection.

Anyhoo, I happily drove it home and about one week later saw the post about the rusting frames. Ran out to my driveway in a panic and sure enough the powder coating had almost all flaked off and there was alot of rust.

Well, I knew it had to be fixed whether it was under warranty or not, so I started calling around and found an RV body shop who said he could fix it. I also took pictures and sent them to Sundowner, who after looking at the pics said they would fix it under the warranty. (picture emotion jumping up and down here since I can't seem to figure out how to use those things).

Although SD said I could bring the trailer to the factory, it was waaay too long of a haul so I just had the RV man fix it and and then Sundowner paid for it.

Personally, I had a very positive experience with SD and feel that I was treated fairly. I am ecstatic that they paid for the repairs and also were nice about it AND paid FAST. I did send SD pictures of the repaired frame. I love my SD trailer and would put them in the category of exceptional customer service and yes, they honored the warranty and stood behind their product.

I am happy to post this first hand experience as other posters have stated, many of the unhappy stories are second or third hand and it is hard to know if what you read is really the entire story. Thank you to SD and thanks to Anthony Holder who was great to work with.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-03-14 12:46 AM (#79538 - in reply to #79521)
Subject: RE: My Sundowner frame experience

Expert

Thank you for your post it is nice to read that sometime thing go right. and this website help you with you fix
3yrHitch2Bumper
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-03-15 8:03 AM (#79614 - in reply to #79521)

Regular

Music to my ears......very nice post, thanks for sharing it !!!....enough said...
cindydj
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2008-03-19 10:31 AM (#79890 - in reply to #79521)

Regular

So glad to hear this!!! I love my SD!!!! I have neer dealt with them but have always heard good results with their customer service....