2H Straight Load - 8' wide?
wookiee
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2007-12-31 1:41 PM (#73532)
Subject: 2H Straight Load - 8' wide?

Hi all, I am very happy with my 3H, 10' LQ but now my horse has decided to grow. He's a coming 7 year old Percheron and really filling out. He is starting to rub his butt even in the third roomy stall of my slant load and destroy the werm coverings and he tries to step back in transit. I would like to buy a new trailer, but I think it will need to be custom.I am looking for a 2 horse straight load, like my old warmblood sized 4 star goose neck, with a midtack and 12-13' LQ. But I want the trailer to be 8' wide for the LQ part. Is this doable? I know you can order 3 abreast in an 8' wide model, but will they make an 8' wide 2 horse straight load? What is done with the wheel wells? Do the horses just stand next to them but have more room in the hips?Also, would it be possible to build the horse area to 7'6" wide specifications and use the extra 6" for as enclosed storage from the side for hanging hoses and other necessary things for a LQ trailer (kind of like a mini storage under the slant load mangers)? My horse doesn't really need 4' +/- width, he needs the extra length and I would love to get extra storage. I realize my request is probably custom and I am looking at 4 star and bloomers, but is it even possible? Anyone heard of a trailer like this?Thanks in advance.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-01-01 12:03 AM (#73546 - in reply to #73532)
Subject: RE: 2H Straight Load - 8' wide?

Expert

http://www.candctrailers.com/index.shtml
scoop
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2008-01-02 10:15 AM (#73601 - in reply to #73532)
Subject: RE: 2H Straight Load - 8' wide?

Some time ago I saw pictures (can't remember where) of a Merhow 5 horse head-to-head.  It was 8' wide and the back stalls had a tall storage cabinet like you are talking about.

Come to think of it, I think I saw another brand with a similar feature on www.frankdibella.com

Hawk is another trailer brand that would probably be able to make what you are requesting.