Zenith Horse Camp, Allardt, TN
flummoxed
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-10-16 10:16 AM (#69446)
Subject: Zenith Horse Camp, Allardt, TN

I see a number of discussions about horse camps in Big South Fork but nothing about Zenith. Anyone ever stayed there? We've stayed at Honey Creek Horse Camp. Zenith isn't too far away from HCHC, but Zenith's rates are cheaper. I'd hate to make reservations and then regret camping there.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
JacciB
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-10-16 2:32 PM (#69457 - in reply to #69446)
Subject: RE: Zenith Horse Camp, Allardt, TN

Extreme Veteran

We stayed at Zenith over the Labor Day weekend holiday.  Our group had five campsites and each one was very large.  The bath houses were the cleanest I have ever seen and the stables were in great condition.  We were lucky enough to ride out with Gary Mathews, one of the owners, and he shared a lot of history of Zenith with us as well as showing us where his granparents home place used to be.

While we were out riding one day it started to rain and someone from the camp went by all the trailers to make sure the awnings were at a slant to allow the rain to run off and keep them from snapping under the pressure.  The trails were very nice and the people there are great.  I don't see how you could be disappointed with Zenith.  Be aware they do not take credit or debit cards so bring your checkbook.

Happy Trails!

JacciB

flummoxed
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-10-17 7:04 AM (#69490 - in reply to #69446)

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Sounds like a great place to camp.
soundhorse
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-10-17 7:40 AM (#69492 - in reply to #69446)

Regular

I have stayed at both Zenith and Honey Creek.  Zenith has a larger campground, better stalls, and a screened in area that  you can cook in.  Gary Mathews has sold Zenith, don't know the new owners, only talked to them on the phone and they have been very nice.

Honey Creek has the best access to the trails.

flummoxed
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-10-17 8:43 AM (#69495 - in reply to #69446)

I thought getting to the BSF trails from Honey Creek was sort of a pain with having to ride the gravel road until you hit what I'll call the "pipeline" trail and then eventually getting to the park trails. Zenith is less convenient than that?
soundhorse
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-10-17 8:48 AM (#69496 - in reply to #69446)

Regular

There are (2) ways out of Honey Creek, one is better than the other.  Either one is better access to the park than Zenith