another scam..for your reading enjoyment
reddun25
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2007-09-28 1:03 PM (#68529)
Subject: another scam..for your reading enjoyment

Regular

I saw an ad for an 05 Shadow 2H bumper pull outo of KY for $5K on this site. Or course I knew it was too good to be true, but ya never know so I inquired about it. Here is how the correspondence goes:

Hello -

Do you still have this trailer? Do you have the title for it? Is the horse area rubber lined? We are in OH about 4-5 hours from you and would come get it by Monday. Thanks

Im back in Phoenix,AZ the trailer is here so let me know how do u want to proceed. I can ship it to you for $500 if you cant come and pick it up.

Thanks but that is too far and my budget is $5K.

Where are you located?i might help you with the shipping,In this moment i`m in divorce with my wife and i don`t want to let her won too much from apportionment,so i`m selling everything ASAP.
      Thanks

Valentin

Ahhhh....so your ad is not true then? You stated you need a bigger trailer. Forgive me but I am just paranoid with all these scammers out there. How would you like payment? And how will you help me with the shipment? Thanks

Im selling everything and im going to buy anything i need to start a new life in other state.Yes im planing to buy a new trailer -6 horses soon.
   I will take $5000 shipping included on price.As payment methode i can take bank wire transfer,i have been scammed before so now i work with my bank only,i hope this is not a problem for you.
  Thanks

Please give me your banking info and I will get the $ sent right away. Also a phone # in case I have any questions. I am very excited about getting this trailer! Do you know when it will be shipped? I sold my wedding ring so I could have enough $ to buy a trailer exactly like this. You sound like you are from a different country. Where are you from?
I was born in UK ,i'm in US since 1989...
 Here you have my full bank details where your bank can wire me the money:
VALENTIN LARIONOVAS
Account number:457004834414
Routing number:122101706
SWIFT CODE: BOFAUS3N
Bank Of America
4707 e shea blvd
Phoenix AZ 85028

Also i will need your full name and address where i must ship the trailer.Shipping will be via (event); href="http://usdas.net/" target=_blank>http://usdas.net/ I will mail you with the tracking number and everything you need regarding this shipping.
  I had an accident with my bike few months ago and now i have auditive problems,i cant use the phone since i cant hear anything,but mail me with your questions.
    Thanks

This is really strange...I just talked to my friend and she said she e-mailed you too and she is already sent her $ to via wire to Bank of America. I would really like to talk to you about it on the telephone. Where is the UK, I have never heard of that before. Is that by Iowa?

ahhaha nice try?who is your friend? this is  funny

Im talking about UK from Europe ,is a country...United Kindgdom

Any suggestions on how to respond? I usually just delete but I am having fun with this one!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-09-28 2:22 PM (#68536 - in reply to #68529)
Subject: RE: another scam..for your reading enjoyment

Elite Veteran

You could flip it on them and say you have to send $8000 so as not to be taxed on the sale of your wedding ring (or whatever) and they need to send you back $3000 and see what they say.

Don't forget to ask for the trailer skiis  

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2007-09-28 3:07 PM (#68540 - in reply to #68536)

Elite Veteran

Doesn't look like you need any help from us.  You're on a ROLL!!!

Yvette
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2007-09-29 10:40 AM (#68572 - in reply to #68529)

Extreme Veteran

Ya know, his English is pretty bad for someone from the UK. LOL I'd ask him where in the UK he was born. I think your next step is to take that information to your more or less local FBI office. I think they might be interested in this. Oh and LOL, the I've been scammed before which is why I require wire transfer. LOL Sheesh and from everything I've read insisting on wire transfers is the biggest red flag that the guy is scamming. Looks like he stole someone else's old add for the trailer for sale in Kentucky and made it his own. Perhaps you should make up a friend in Arizona to offer to go see the trailer first.  Have fun.

Edited by Yvette 2007-09-29 10:42 AM
bowhunter70
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-09-29 11:29 AM (#68574 - in reply to #68529)

= Red Flag

I also ran into one where the Lady said she had surgery on her ears and wasn't able to talk on the phone for  a while also.About a month later she still couldn't

So I decided I was gonna have some fun with her and  just kept playing along with it.She was going to send  3K extra than what I wanted for the Trailer and I was to wire that to her so called "shipping company" and they would pick it up

I told her I could ship it to her for about 1K  and she insisted I use the one she had.(HMMM Not interested in saving Money)

She said the shipping company needed the money first before they plan a date to move the trailer.She was only buying a 6K trailer,So I agreed with it and said I would do it.We ship trailers all over and never have to pay up front.

A few days later I get a cashiers check in the mail from Toronto, Canada and she said  she lived  in New York  when I first met her and it was printed  from a bank in Detroit,Mi.I took it to the bank and cashed it and waited.About 8 days later  and my local bank  called and said no good,We even contacted the bank in Detriot when we cashed it and they said it was good.I'm not sure how that one happened but don't believe anything until it clears into your account.You might lose him now if he reads this post

bowhunter70
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-09-29 11:34 AM (#68575 - in reply to #68529)

Also forgot to mention all the while the check was in the bank and I was wiating,She was constantly emailing wanting to know if I sent the money to her shipper yet.It was driving her nuts.And that is when she kept saying they can't pick it up until they get their money first.
morgangirl
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-09-29 3:41 PM (#68579 - in reply to #68529)

You know another tragedy here is that now everyone is suspicious of every one else. Lord knows I am terrified that my innate spell-check is not working or I might be accused of being a scammer! Lol!
Here's a funny one. I have a trailer here on site for sale, and had a lady email about it. She even called me at home and talked and talked and talked. Come to find out she was getting a settlement in later, but I couldn't wait for her $$'s and hold it for her, I told her that if the trailer didn't sell in a few weeks, that I would get back with her and see if she was still interested. My goodness, what a NASTY email I got from her. I had emailed her from work and had forgotten to delete out my work title and info - guess it got her Scammer Alert out and she insinuated that because I wouldn't send her current pictures, she wasn't buying from me and according to her, I knew what she was talking about!! Have to admit it flew all over me like flies go to s*#t! But now I just laugh about it. I wished her well in getting a trailer and to have a nice day. Sheesh! Get over yourself!
Morgangirl
Redheadads
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-07-18 4:29 AM (#87670 - in reply to #68529)
Subject: Check ou old stories from now defunct 'bustedupcowgirl.com'

New User

There are funny stories online about scammers from Busted up cowgirl. com, now offline, but the stories are still out there on other's websites.

Originally written by reddun25 on 2007-09-28 1:03 PM

I saw an ad for an 05 Shadow 2H bumper pull outo of KY for $5K on this site. Or course I knew it was too good to be true, but ya never know so I inquired about it. Here is how the correspondence goes:

Hello -

Do you still have this trailer? Do you have the title for it? Is the horse area rubber lined? We are in OH about 4-5 hours from you and would come get it by Monday. Thanks

Im back in Phoenix,AZ the trailer is here so let me know how do u want to proceed. I can ship it to you for $500 if you cant come and pick it up.

Thanks but that is too far and my budget is $5K.

Where are you located?i might help you with the shipping,In this moment i`m in divorce with my wife and i don`t want to let her won too much from apportionment,so i`m selling everything ASAP.
      Thanks

Valentin

Ahhhh....so your ad is not true then? You stated you need a bigger trailer. Forgive me but I am just paranoid with all these scammers out there. How would you like payment? And how will you help me with the shipment? Thanks

Im selling everything and im going to buy anything i need to start a new life in other state.Yes im planing to buy a new trailer -6 horses soon.
   I will take $5000 shipping included on price.As payment methode i can take bank wire transfer,i have been scammed before so now i work with my bank only,i hope this is not a problem for you.
  Thanks

Please give me your banking info and I will get the $ sent right away. Also a phone # in case I have any questions. I am very excited about getting this trailer! Do you know when it will be shipped? I sold my wedding ring so I could have enough $ to buy a trailer exactly like this. You sound like you are from a different country. Where are you from?
I was born in UK ,i'm in US since 1989...
 Here you have my full bank details where your bank can wire me the money:
VALENTIN LARIONOVAS
Account number:457004834414
Routing number:122101706
SWIFT CODE: BOFAUS3N
Bank Of America
4707 e shea blvd
Phoenix AZ 85028

Also i will need your full name and address where i must ship the trailer.Shipping will be via (event); href="http://usdas.net/" target=_blank>http://usdas.net/ I will mail you with the tracking number and everything you need regarding this shipping.
  I had an accident with my bike few months ago and now i have auditive problems,i cant use the phone since i cant hear anything,but mail me with your questions.
    Thanks

This is really strange...I just talked to my friend and she said she e-mailed you too and she is already sent her $ to via wire to Bank of America. I would really like to talk to you about it on the telephone. Where is the UK, I have never heard of that before. Is that by Iowa?

ahhaha nice try?who is your friend? this is  funny

Im talking about UK from Europe ,is a country...United Kindgdom

Any suggestions on how to respond? I usually just delete but I am having fun with this one!

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-07-18 8:42 AM (#87678 - in reply to #68579)

Expert

Originally written by morgangirl on 2007-09-29 3:41 PM

You know another tragedy here is that now everyone is suspicious of every one else. Lord knows I am terrified that my innate spell-check is not working or I might be accused of being a scammer! Lol! Here's a funny one. I have a trailer here on site for sale, and had a lady email about it. She even called me at home and talked and talked and talked. Come to find out she was getting a settlement in later, but I couldn't wait for her $$'s and hold it for her, I told her that if the trailer didn't sell in a few weeks, that I would get back with her and see if she was still interested. My goodness, what a NASTY email I got from her. I had emailed her from work and had forgotten to delete out my work title and info - guess it got her Scammer Alert out and she insinuated that because I wouldn't send her current pictures, she wasn't buying from me and according to her, I knew what she was talking about!! Have to admit it flew all over me like flies go to s*#t! But now I just laugh about it. I wished her well in getting a trailer and to have a nice day. Sheesh! Get over yourself! 20 Morgangirl

That sounds like a lady that had an ad on here for a trailer for sale.She lived in another state 600 miles from us.I was trying to find out if she would be willing to hold the trailer from the time that we said we were actually driving off to come see it until we arrived there.She wanted a 20% non-refundable deposit to do so,on a 20 yr old steel trailer that we had not personally seen yet.I told her we could not do that,but I didn't blame her for not wanting to miss a sale.She said I wasn't "making sense" and proceeded to tell me it was going to auction.I told her to do so,or sell it to another person,we were no longer interested.

Talk about NASTY! She emailed me with cursing and verbal slurs out the wazoo,eventually saying she hoped that I DIED.All over a 20 yr old trailer that I think she eventually sold .Heck,it's just a trailer,you'd think I was the first person to turn down such a swell offer of sending $1200 that I wouldn't see again whether I wanted the trailer,or not.She wasn't a scammer,I think she was legit.Maybe some sucker eventually came along and bought her trailer. She said they were getting out of horses.NOt hard to see why.

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2008-07-18 8:44 AM
notfromtexas
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-07-18 5:39 PM (#87699 - in reply to #68529)

Veteran

"She said they were getting out of horses.NOt hard to see why"

Horses everywhere are breathing a sigh of relief.....

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-07-18 8:39 PM (#87708 - in reply to #87699)

Expert

Ain't that the truth.
Meatco1
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-01-04 10:26 PM (#96934 - in reply to #68529)

I didn’t realize how pervasive these scams are.  I was reading through some of these old posts on scams, and stumbled on this one.  It certainly seems to follow the same pattern with the “accident”, and “hearing problems”.

In any case, this is the ad on the trailer I was interested in, and the response I got when I asked to inspect it.  

2 Horse Trailer Shadow 2005 BP - $3800

Date: 2008-12-14, 4:51PM MST

Features: THOROUGHBRED / WARMBLOOD HEIGHT 7 1/2 ft tall, insulated ceiling, two of the hugest escape doors I have ever seen (do not ever underestimate the importance of escape doors), awesome spring assisted Loading Ramp! Shadow Trailers are all aluminum frames, skins, and floors. Built into Shadow trailers are many features that are standard, not options like other trailer manufacturers such as; insulated ceilings in the horse box making it cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, and no condensation dripping down on your horse either. Shadow  uses 16” tires that are E-rated to carry the heavier load and are American made so if you do have a service issue you will be able to find a dealer to service you.  They also use 12 inch brakes, not the std 10 inch brakes others use. Every light on Shadow trailers are LED which are brighter, last longer, and draw less current from your vehicle. They don’t use safety chains they use retractable cables making it easier to unhook your trailer. The electrical cable is molded so moisture can’t get around the contacts causing possible lighting problems.

The trailer has a rechargeable battery that you can test assuring that your emergency system is working properly. It also has CAM Latch locks and handles which allow you to open the doors with one hand and one key opens all locks on the trailer. 

Shadow Trailers are made by horse people for horse people like you and me!

Comments:
This trailer is safe to pull, comfortable for your horse, and will look great when you pull into the show.

Standard Features 8” wide, 7’ 6” tall-2 5/16” hitch-Torsion ride axles with electric brakes-Modular wheels with chrome plated ABS lug covers-Hand Crank leg jack with removeable foot-Lined & insulated roof-Stainless hinges on dressing, escape & feed doors-Spare tire on wall rack-Trailer breakaway safety w/battery & charging unit-LED brake/tail & clearance lights-14 gauge wiring in conduit with junction boxes-Drop down feed doors/side windows w/aluminum face guards in escape doors-(Nicest I've ever seen)-Floor mats in horse area-Outside/inside lighting with switches on rear of trailer
••••••••••••••••
48” rubber on butt wall & rear doors-Aluminum head/body dividers w/rotary latches & pads-Padded aluminum breast bar in front stall-Padded aluminum butt bar in rear stall-1 outside tie ring per stall-Dome light inside horse area-Saddle rack (1 per horse)-Bridle hangers-Dressing room-48” short wall-Dome light inside and out-6 hanger bridle bar.

This was the reply I received

"We can make the deal safe for both of us trough eBay.They work like a third party that holds the money safe and secure until the buyer receive and approve the trailer.They will also handle the transfer of funds.

You will have one week to inspect the trailer at your home.

Only with your authorization they will release the funds to me.

I will only deal through Ebay company for both parties protection.

If you agree i will start the transaction with them and also i will need your full name and address where i must ship the trailer. If my trailer will not pass your inspection Ebay will send your money back same day.

I had an accident while i was riding a horse few months ago and now i have auditory problems,i cant use the phone since i cant hear anything, but mail me with your questions.

Thanks again"

I wonder how much this person has stolen from others? 

Meanwhile, I'll keep looking!

Stay alert!

Richard

-----
Cat, the other white meat!

morgangirl
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-01-05 7:37 AM (#96941 - in reply to #68529)

Ref: one of my postings was used by crowsleygirl...were you referring to me as a possible scanner? Or were you using my post as an example of someone that tried to scam you.

Thanks,
Ms Morgan
Meatco1
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-01-05 11:08 AM (#96950 - in reply to #96941)

Morgan Girl:

Who are you asking this question of?

The ad I posted, and the reply I received speak for themself. 

If you do have "auditory problems", have a friend help you with calls.  If by the way, this was your post, and you are located in TN as your "User Profile" stated, I find it interesting that the ad & response I received were supposedly were from Flagstaff, AZ.

Richard

Originally written by morgangirl on 2009-01-05 5:37 AM

Ref: one of my postings was used by crowsleygirl...were you referring to me as a possible scanner? Or were you using my post as an example of someone that tried to scam you. Thanks, Ms Morgan

morgangirl
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-01-05 11:17 AM (#96951 - in reply to #96950)

I am referring to where the other posted edited into her ad about my posting about a possible scamming that I had contact me about a trailer I had for sale a couple years ago. Read crowly's posting above. You know, it is people like you that will cause me to not come back to this site. I assure you, I am not hard of hearing, I am not a scammer. I am very pissed at being accused of being one. I am in the Army National Guard, I am an Officer, and just so happen to work as the State Accounting Officer - for OVER 20 years! So Please re-read my question before you go accusing good people - I was asking Crowleygirl what she was talking about - seeing as she had copied one of MY postings into her posting.I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED LIKE THIS! HOW DARE YOU!!!!
Meatco1
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-01-05 12:01 PM (#96954 - in reply to #96951)

The ad I posted, and then received a reply from to speak for th

The ad I posted, then received a reply from, to speak for themselves! SCAM!!!

If you are shallow enough to take offense from it, so be it.

Does anyone understand this statement “I am referring to where the other posted edited into her ad about my posting about a possible scamming that I had contact me about a trailer I had for sale a couple years ago”?  Because I certainly don’t, nor does it seem to be written by a college educated “Officer”!

In any case, this is another warning, about another scam, posted from another person, who claims to have “auditory problems” and must be paid via electronic transfer, and who will allow no inspection of the trailer until such electronic transfer of funds is completed.

Your offended by this warning?  Too bad, you’re breaking my heart!

Richard

Originally written by morgangirl on 2009-01-05 9:17 AM

I am referring to where the other posted edited into her ad about my posting about a possible scamming that I had contact me about a trailer I had for sale a couple years ago. Read crowly's posting above. You know, it is people like you that will cause me to not come back to this site. I assure you, I am not hard of hearing, I am not a scammer. I am very pissed at being accused of being one. I am in the Army National Guard, I am an Officer, and just so happen to work as the State Accounting Officer - for OVER 20 years! So Please re-read my question before you go accusing good people - I was asking Crowleygirl what she was talking about - seeing as she had copied one of MY postings into her posting.I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED LIKE THIS! HOW DARE YOU!!!!

Buffy111_99
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2009-01-05 12:04 PM (#96955 - in reply to #96941)

Regular

Originally written by morgangirl on 2009-01-05 8:37 AM

Ref: one of my postings was used by crowsleygirl...were you referring to me as a possible scanner? Or were you using my post as an example of someone that tried to scam you. Thanks, Ms Morgan

I read crowsleygirl to be that she was agreeing with you message.  That she thought maybe you both dealt with the same scammers. 

morgangirl
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-01-05 12:08 PM (#96957 - in reply to #68529)

Thanks Buffy.  I wasn't sure and that is why I asked.  As for meatco1 - I don't think I will have any comment for you - except that you are showing yourself for what you are.  I still wasn't referring to anything you had to post. 
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-01-05 12:21 PM (#96960 - in reply to #96957)

Elite Veteran

When copying and posting previous threads it's easy to confuse who is saying what.

We were just asking for clarification . . . you don't have to call people shallow for protecting their reputations or trying to decipher your attempts at copying, pasting and quoting on your post.  It's very confusing.

We appreciate your "warning", but scammers don't come on our board and carry on conversations.

morgangirl
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-01-05 12:36 PM (#96962 - in reply to #68529)

Thanks Dave for clarification.  And I will use your advice and not miss this chance to shut up - I have always appreciated all the good advice that I get from this forum and want to tell all THANKS!  But Dave is 100% scammers don't carry on conversations on threads. 

By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!

Meatco1
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-01-05 1:12 PM (#96965 - in reply to #96960)

Hello DaveM:

Perhaps you need to reread the posts if you’re confused, as quoting posts is in fact the easiest and most accurate way to lay down the facts.  

As for a calling a person shallow for (quote, don't be confused now)“ protecting their reputations”, again I suggest you reread the post, as what was said, was “If you are shallow enough to take offense from it, so be it.”  

Ok, moving on to your next point, (here comes another quote) “trying to decipher your attempts at copying, pasting and quoting on your post.  It's very confusing”.  Attempts?  Ok, if it confuses you, just reread the entire post.

Now for your last point, (yet another quote from your post Dave) “We appreciate your "warning", but scammers don't come on our board and carry on conversations”.  Well Dave, I don’t have a clue as to who this scammer is, nor who posted the ad, nor did I ever call anyone here a scammer.   What I did do, was notify people here on the board of another scam originating out of Craig’s List.

In any case, I find it much easier to quote the person, rather than having to reread the entire thread.  Quotes are factual you know.  But, you do what you wish.  

As for your signature line (oh boy, here comes another quote, I hope it doesn’t confuse you) “Never miss a good chance to shut up”.  Good advise, don’t you think?

By the way, what I originally posted was another warning, about another scam.  Pure & simple, before all this nonsense.

Take if for what it’s worth, or ignore it.  Your choice,

Richard

Originally written by DaveM on 2009-01-05 10:21 AM 

When copying and posting previous threads it's easy to confuse who is saying what.

We were just asking for clarification . . . you don't have to call people shallow for protecting their reputations or trying to decipher your attempts at copying, pasting and quoting on your post.  It's very confusing.

We appreciate your "warning", but scammers don't come on our board and carry on conversations.  

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-01-05 1:51 PM (#96966 - in reply to #96965)

Elite Veteran

When quoting another's post it is customary on most boards to quote first . . . then reply.  You reverse this.

You have a tendancy to not only disagree with people but:

1.  Assume their meanings.
2.  Drip with sarcasm, (which is humor funny to only the author and to no one else.)
3.  Talk down to other people who do not appreciate your short life span on this site.

Taking my own quote and holding it up as my own example . . . is kinda  - rude.  Don't you think?

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-01-05 3:22 PM (#96972 - in reply to #68529)

Expert

Dang Richard..... Maybe you need to start all over again. Looks like you're getting off on the wrong foot.... Maybe HTW's not the place for you. Anyway, why open an old thread from way back in 2007 and July of 2008? That's what gets everyone so confused. Just start a new SCAM thread each time and go from there.
hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2009-01-05 4:16 PM (#96979 - in reply to #96972)

Expert

I agree with you retento!

Start over or go away.

Edited by hogtownboss 2009-01-05 4:19 PM
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2009-01-06 7:08 AM (#97029 - in reply to #96979)

Expert

Well,DANG,wish someone would have PM'd me instead of letting me just "find" this since (apparently) someone got confused by my post/quote.

No,Morgan,how did you infer that I was trying to say that you might be a scammer? Your incident didn't sound the same,only the way the woman reacted to you.Hey,if you have a personal problem with something I've said on here  regarding you or your post,and you are offended or misunderstand it feel free to send me a PM about it and I'll be more than happy to clarify it to you and hopefully  set it straight in private,OK hon? Thanks,and,Happy New Year.

(BTW,in case you don't have time to PM me or don't want to,I was quoting your post as an example,because,it reminded me of the same woman that jumped my case in my own trailer inquiry.I didn't mean that YOU reminded me of her.I wouldn't do that,anyway,on here.That's not my style .)

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2009-01-06 7:43 AM
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2009-01-06 7:31 AM (#97032 - in reply to #87678)

Expert

Originally written by crowleysridgegirl on 2008-07-18 8:42 AM

Originally written by morgangirl on 2007-09-29 3:41 PM

You know another tragedy here is that now everyone is suspicious of every one else. Lord knows I am terrified that my innate spell-check is not working or I might be accused of being a scammer! Lol! Here's a funny one. I have a trailer here on site for sale, and had a lady email about it. She even called me at home and talked and talked and talked. Come to find out she was getting a settlement in later, but I couldn't wait for her $$'s and hold it for her, I told her that if the trailer didn't sell in a few weeks, that I would get back with her and see if she was still interested. My goodness, what a NASTY email I got from her. I had emailed her from work and had forgotten to delete out my work title and info - guess it got her Scammer Alert out and she insinuated that because I wouldn't send her current pictures, she wasn't buying from me and according to her, I knew what she was talking about!! Have to admit it flew all over me like flies go to s*#t! But now I just laugh about it. I wished her well in getting a trailer and to have a nice day. Sheesh! Get over yourself! 20 Morgangirl

That sounds like a lady that had an ad on here for a trailer for sale.She lived in another state 600 miles from us.I was trying to find out if she would be willing to hold the trailer from the time that we said we were actually driving off to come see it until we arrived there.She wanted a 20% non-refundable deposit to do so,on a 20 yr old steel trailer that we had not personally seen yet.I told her we could not do that,but I didn't blame her for not wanting to miss a sale.She said I wasn't "making sense" and proceeded to tell me it was going to auction.I told her to do so,or sell it to another person,we were no longer interested.

Talk about NASTY! She emailed me with cursing and verbal slurs out the wazoo,eventually saying she hoped that I DIED.All over a 20 yr old trailer that I think she eventually sold .Heck,it's just a trailer,you'd think I was the first person to turn down such a swell offer of sending $1200 that I wouldn't see again whether I wanted the trailer,or not.She wasn't a scammer,I think she was legit.Maybe some sucker eventually came along and bought her trailer. She said they were getting out of horses.NOt hard to see why.

I meant this: the same woman that chewed you out sounded like the same woman/incident where I got chewed for asking questions and not sending her $1200 that she could keep before we saw the trailer.

I was not saying that YOU sound like her.Hope this sets it all straight.

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2009-01-06 7:35 AM (#97033 - in reply to #96955)

Expert

Originally written by Buffy111_99 on 2009-01-05 12:04 PM

Originally written by morgangirl on 2009-01-05 8:37 AM

I read crowsleygirl to be that she was agreeing with you message.  That she thought maybe you both dealt with the same scammers. 

Thanks,Buffy111.That is what I meant .Geeze! What a mixup! I need a --- or something,lol!

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2009-01-06 7:39 AM
morgangirl
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-01-06 7:51 AM (#97034 - in reply to #68529)

crowleysridgegirl, sorry, didn't mean to offend you in any way.  I have re-read your post, and I just misunderstood what you meant.  As for not PM'n you, my bad....I am a pretty regular reader, but rarely post anything, so I wasn't sure how to.  Please accept my apology.  I never meant for things to go the way this thread did - meatco1 got my dander UP when all I was asking for was clarification.  Have a great day all!

Longrider
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2009-01-06 11:34 AM (#97046 - in reply to #68529)

Extreme Veteran

GRRRRRRRRROWL - MEEEEOWWWW
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-01-06 11:54 AM (#97051 - in reply to #68529)

Expert

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2009-01-06 12:14 PM (#97054 - in reply to #97046)

Expert

Originally written by Longrider on 2009-01-06 11:34 AM

GRRRRRRRRROWL - MEEEEOWWWW

Not your issue.