Internet purchase of a horse trailer
CML
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-09-28 10:25 AM (#68523)
Subject: Internet purchase of a horse trailer

My new Dixie Tuff will be ready in a day or two at Dixie Horse and Mule!  This is my first time buying a large $$ item via the internet.  Their routine is to recieve all funds before shipping the trailer. Logic tells me there should be some funds help back until I receive the trailer, or some other way of keeping leverage until I see all is well.  I know they do a lot of business out there, and have a very good reputation, but would like some reassurance that this system works for the buyer.  Any advice or?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lynn0202
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-09-28 12:01 PM (#68524 - in reply to #68523)
Subject: RE: Internet purchase of a horse trailer

Veteran

CML - Your post doesn't say which branch you're purchasing from but I personally bought a brand new Bison from the Conyers location in March. I felt the same way you do plus it was our first LQ and so we drove to Conyers from Florence, SC to get the trailer (I know, not feasible from Arizona). If I buy my next trailer from DH&M, I will definitely have them deliver it. They absolutely stand behind their trailers 100% and if for some reason you don't get satisfaction from the local dealer (I never had a single problem with Conyers), you can always get Don. You'll find him to be 100% customer service oriented and believes in and stands behind everything his company sells. You can do a search for some of his posts and you'll see for yourself what kind of guy he is. I believe his screen name is Dixie Horse & Mule.

Long story short. Take the trailer. You'll be glad to not drive all that way and if there are problems, DHM will correct them ASAP.

I am not affliated with them at all nor do I get anything for saying good things about them. I had an excellent experience with them and former threads show others have as well.

CML
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-09-28 12:15 PM (#68525 - in reply to #68523)

Thanks Lynn. I did have the chance to visit Conyers and really liked the crew. My trailer wasn't ready yet..but saw a similar one. It is good to hear your experience.
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2007-09-28 12:19 PM (#68526 - in reply to #68525)

Elite Veteran

I own this website and we've never had a bad report from DHM.  Don is the best.
reinergirl
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-09-28 1:39 PM (#68532 - in reply to #68523)

Regular

I believe 100% of the funds before the trailer is delivered is pretty much an industry standard. If you want to inspect the trailer before you pay, then you probably need to pick it up in person.