fridge won't work on electric but does on gas.
rodeo rudy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-05-10 7:33 AM (#60647)
Subject: fridge won't work on electric but does on gas.

i am dewinterizing the lq in my trailer and found that the fridge won't run on electric. when i put it away for the winter everything worked fine. i checked the plug, the breaker, the fuses and all is fine there. also pulled the outside panel door and there were no mouse nest or droppings. the fridge will run on the lp. any help will be great.

thankyou.  

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lobo56
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2007-05-10 9:04 AM (#60648 - in reply to #60647)
Subject: RE: fridge won't work on electric but does on gas.

Your electric heating element is either burned out or has become unplugged or you change over isn’t working. The electric heating unit boils the ammonia in the refrigerator to make it get cold, just like the gas.   

ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-05-10 11:11 PM (#60674 - in reply to #60647)

Elite Veteran

Check out the following site for a Diagnostic Service Manaul for your unit... http://bryantrv.com/docs.html We had a low volatage alarm issue this spring with a Norcold and it ended up being the circuit board. Norcold replaced it without any issues. Might want to test the outlet you have it plugged into to make sure it still has juice. Good luck.
rodeo rudy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-05-11 7:41 AM (#60678 - in reply to #60647)

thanks for your help. i was also thinking of having the trailer pluged into electric-then unplug the fridge-then plug in my blow dryer and see if there is current to the fridge. i will let you know what happens and take it from there.

thanks again very much.

rodeo rudy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-05-15 7:16 AM (#60783 - in reply to #60647)

a friend found the problem and there was a short in the outlet. he replaced it for me and now everything works great.