Cherokee Trailers
horsebreeder
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-23 7:35 PM (#59815)
Subject: Cherokee Trailers

New User

I have been looking at a 2004 4 horse Cherokee for $13,500. Does anyone have the scoop on Cherokee as for quality and is this a good price. It's an aluminum signature series I beleive. This would be my first trailer so looking for good advice.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cutter4life
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-04-24 9:40 AM (#59844 - in reply to #59815)
Subject: RE: Cherokee Trailers

Regular

Hi, I used to own a 2001 (bought new in 2002) 3H GN Cherokee Invasion. I thought that for the price range the trailer was in new that it offered several extra features over other brand name trailers in that price range. The construction for a trailer in that price range, I also thought was excellent. I used the trailer almost daily and also had a few long trips to Texas, Oklahoma, Montana  and North Eastern Oregon. I never had a problem with anything. It held up very well and pulled very good.

I have since needed to upgrade to a larger trailer and bought a used 1996 Jamco (which is a much nicer, stouter made trailer).

I kept the Cherokee immaculately clean (it should little wear) and maitenanced and I sold mine recently for $11,500. I think that if the model you are looking at is a 4H GN Invasion, that the price is a little high. I would offer them $12,500 (if it is in great condition) and go from there. Unless you buy an older model Sooner, 4-Star, Jamco, or something equivalant, I don't think you could ask for more in this price range of a trailer.

Make sure to look under the mats for corrosion and have a trailer shop check the brakes, electric and bearings.

ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-04-26 12:09 PM (#60010 - in reply to #59815)

Elite Veteran

I loved my Cherokee Trailer. I had a 2001 Invasion 3H with 4'8" short wall. It had a very nice small LQ interior and cowboy shower in the first stall. Sold it for $18,000 in 2005. It was very well constructed compared to other trailers in the price range. And the horse compartment was very comfy with the padded dividers and very good rubber walls. I really like Cherokee's stud divider wall. It is fully rubber lined on both sides. This made the area very functional for hauling additional camping items like porta toilet and the shower pan. It pulled very nice too. Kept it very clean as it had the mill finish. Only sold it for larger LQ... Have an Elite now and love it too. I think you will be pleased if you decide to purchase the trailer.

Edited by ponytammy 2007-04-26 12:11 PM
lilcashseeker
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-04-27 9:48 PM (#60081 - in reply to #59815)

Hurricane Survivor

I bought a used 1999 Cherokee Invasion 3horse (photos attached). LOVE IT. Pulls like a dream w/a 3/4 ton you can't even feel it behind you.  Weekender package no toilet but shower,stove & ac etc.. see photos.. found it on this site at a dealer it was a trade in paid $15,500... I feel like I got a deal.. They seem to be made very well, I love the floor.

My 1st gooseneck I purchased was a 1994 Featherlight(Old featherlite was built great and is still haulling horses to the track...

My photo album on this site has photos of the LQ. just to give you an idea.

So far I would buy another...

Edited by lilcashseeker 2007-04-27 9:53 PM