reverse load
drivinfool
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-07 11:54 AM (#56820)
Subject: reverse load

Hi,

New here! I haul horses for the dressage circuit. These are the big guy's pushing 18 hands and 1500lbs. I'm ordering a new trailer because I can't find a trailer with stalls tall enough, wide enough or long enough and light weight since I haul with a F250 diesel. I was curious about the Turnbow Reverve Load Slant. Horses load up a side ramp facing the opposite (rear) and unload out the back end of the trailer. Love to hear opinions as to the best warmblood trailer that still remains light weight. Elite 2h straight w/ boxstall in front for a 3rd horse option or equipment also looks like a possablity. I especially want to hear from any others that haul for the public.

Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
equiteacher
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-07 1:22 PM (#56822 - in reply to #56820)
Subject: RE: reverse load

Regular

I think that Turnbow's reverse load trailers are about the best thing going. The other option is their (and some other brands') head-to-head trailers where the two front horses ride butt first. Main problem with them is that there is a lot of space between the front and rear horses that is pretty unusable except for the time when you are loading the horses.

We also haul dressage horses so know what you're talking about size-wise. Have just seen that so many of our horses ride much better/easier when butt-forward. And when we haul some of the ranch horses loose in a stock trailer they very often are found riding backwards on their own. Our first experience was with an old QH mare that would almost tear herself and the trailer up when loaded head first. Someone suggested letting her ride backwards. We finally got her backed into the back end of an in-line trailer so that her butt was against the chest bar and her head ws sticking out over the tail gate. Can't even guess how many miles we hauled her that way after that with no struggle. Only two problems were teaching her to step up into the trailer backwards (really wasn't tht hard) and people flagging us down to tell us our horse had turnde around in the trailer.

Our last gooseneck was aTurnbow and am at the present time really trying to figure out a way to fund a new 3-horse reverse load.

Good luck

greyhorse
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-03-07 2:19 PM (#56827 - in reply to #56820)

Extreme Veteran

Look at Jamco's, They will do anything you want with a trailer (the horse part in mine is 8.5 feet to the ceiling)They also have a nice system for the stalls in straight loads, you can take them out or move them around. I also thought they made the best trailer, that's why I got one.

http://www.jamcotrailers.com/
tguy
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-08 1:33 PM (#56884 - in reply to #56820)

New User

in your reverse load search please consider c and c trailers out of okc.they are a totally custom trailer that can fit any need or want of any customers...as long as its structurally sound and safe....we have built hundreds of reverse loads over the years and know just about avery configuration you can think of....i am  a  c and c dealer in okc