Horse ramblings...
lively
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2007-02-19 7:45 PM (#55873)
Subject: Horse ramblings...

Regular

Ok tax season. Sitting with 4000 in hand and must resist the urge to splurge. No overdue bills to pay, no stuff that is really needed,.. for the first time in years its all extra money. *sigh* the urge to buy a horse is soo overwhelming.
I must resist though. Never know when we will have to move again. No truck to attach a trailer to anymore. No trailer. Both must haves before buying a horse. Yet still the urge is chewing on the edge of my mind. Monthly nills leave an allowance to care for a horse. MY heart keeps saying " DO it, Do it!".
Then there is the problem of finding a board stable here that I can find. Yet, I know me. I will scrounge until I find one. Beautiful belgian cross mare for 900 catches my eye. $ yr old and green broke. A real sweety from what I understand. A couple of horse traders I actually trust ( yes scaryto say about horse traders lol) have her. They will deliver her..... Very pretty little mare.
<< hides the phone and car keys for a safe measure lets the kids do it>>. STill the urge is strong.. almost overwhelming in its intensity.
Restraint Rhiannon. Hold on don't do it there are other horses out there as well. EIther way must refrain from the urge to buy. Then I think.. why should I refrain? The money is there ? The time definitely is there,you would enjoy it soo much.
The niggling thought crosses my mind...but you couldn't move the horse when you have to move? You know the day will come and you do not want to have to sell another horse you have become attached to like before. It was hard leaving Dreamer in South Carolina when you moved to Texas and holding on with every last breadth to try to keep her. # months after the move you gave iin and sold her because it wasn't right leaving her there without specific attention. She went to a good home though.
COuld you really handle having to let go again for a brief amount of satisfaction? No. I don't believe I could. I poured every ounce of me into that horse. It hurt to let her go but it was for the best for her instead of waiting another 2 months to get the transportation between states straight.
But i want it!! I want another horse. Most would say I am simply insane. However, a horse addict knows how hard it can be to go without horse contact. It's like a drug. It's an addiction. You can get away from them but the craving is there and it is strong. If i let it it will eat up every penny I have. The hubby says to go for it but I have to be responsible. I must hold out. *Sigh* will it ever get easier? The answer is no. It has been over 2 yrs now horseless with nextto no contact with them and i feel I have forgotten far too much. I am addicted... you know you are when you ride by the stables on base and drool. You look and see all of those horses. , These are the ramblings of a horse addict who while fighting the urge is leaning closer and closer to the edge and splirging. Being totally selfish and telling the world to kiss her hiney so she can get her horse fix. Oh well such is life.

Those are my thoughts while humorous at points quite true. Now I must fight the urge but hey anyone know a nice horse up for lease around killeen texas lmao. Had to say it.

These are the thoughts of a horse addict. What's a person to do lol.

Edited by lively 2007-02-19 7:49 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-02-19 10:26 PM (#55892 - in reply to #55873)
Subject: RE: Horse ramblings...

Elite Veteran

Go get yourself a horse, girl!  But I'd buy one that is broke and ready to ride into the sunset on.  Never say they can't move with you.  I've moved mine all over.  Where I go, they go!  I say, Why fight it any longer!  Do yourself a favor, buy yourself a horse.  Remember . . .  You only live once, enjoy the ride!

Nancy

windwalker2
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2007-02-20 7:18 AM (#55898 - in reply to #55873)

Extreme Veteran

There's no 12 step program, no intervention, no rehab facility and NO cure for this type of addiction.  Just do it!

Question though,,,,,,Why can't you take your horse with you when you move?  I would think that if you know your moving you'd make arrangements for your horse before hand.  Find a facility and ship your horse out ahead of you.  (Not judging, just wondering)

Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-02-20 11:15 AM (#55909 - in reply to #55873)

Expert

I've got the perfect cure for you.  A beautiful yearling appy filly! 
lively
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2007-02-23 4:33 AM (#56106 - in reply to #55873)

Regular

Heh well  can't move them with me because  like the last time we moved I had no idea exactly where we were moving to until about 2 weeks prior. Also no  trailer/truck.  Haulers are expensive and from what I learned in the past  only do certain areas. ( not saying all .. just the ones i have spoken to in the past.) Unless I am moving at least x amount of horses or they have others within a fair range to pick up it can be very hard finding someone to haul  one horse and still leave you a leg to stand on.

HAH funny thing is that my hubby and the kids are  all up for me to get  another horse. ( They all got attached to the last one at least to some extent).

For once I am the one saying.. no not yet..no not yet lol. Terri don't sweet talk me with that baby lol.

Seriously though I'm going to wait until 2009 :( . He will be out of the military then and I will be able to be a lil more certain  as to  the whole moving thing. ( well i think he's getting out he's worse than me at making up his mind lol).

Then again I know me.  I amy just get myself a nice new birthday present with some  mileage on her/him.

Who knows lol.