New Kiefer or Used Cotner?
bosspaige
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-14 7:55 PM (#53862)
Subject: New Kiefer or Used Cotner?

Hello,

I have been searching for a 2 horse BP, No Dress, for a while and had finally decided to buy a new Kiefer Grand Prix.  Then I just saw a 2003 Cotner for sale and it is half the price of the Kiefer.  It is in great shape from what I can see.  Does anyone have reccomendations on either brand?

Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
rider3
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2007-01-14 9:27 PM (#53868 - in reply to #53862)
Subject: RE: New Kiefer or Used Cotner?

Veteran

My trainer has an older Cotner- they are steel right?  He used to be a dealer and liked that brand. Anyway, I looked hard at Kieffer and decided against all but the Genesis (all alum.) but ruled Kieffer out entirely after reading about back door latch problems and rotting ramps.  Opted for door latches which I believe are called cam latch (like what semi trucks have)  I wasn't looking for ramp load but figured if the ramp is rotting early............ 
bosspaige
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-15 5:56 AM (#53879 - in reply to #53862)
Subject: RE: New Kiefer or Used Cotner?

Thanks Rider3, I had not heard of either of those things.  I have heard of the back door latch problems with some other brands and that is one of the thing I liked about the Kiefer is the way the doors shut.  It is made much like the sundowners are with the long bar that locks in at the very top (not sure what it is called) so I thought that would make it sure never to open on its own.  Hmmm...guess that is why I posted here, I need all the help I can get!  Is there any website that has trailer reviews on it?