6H straight load... stallions.
hollipozo
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2006-12-04 12:21 PM (#52177)
Subject: 6H straight load... stallions.

Can you haul a stallion in a 6H straight laod (head to head)? Can the horses bother eachother and how sturdy are the stalls?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
kickinbutt6
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-12-04 3:15 PM (#52184 - in reply to #52177)
Subject: RE: 6H straight load... stallions.

first of all is it a bumperpull or a gooseneck?And it all depends on the dividers is it solid steel or is it the poles were the horses can look at the other horses.If you would be hauling 6 horses stallions with mares not a good idea if it is a straightload I would recomend to put the stallion in front and all the other horses behind him.The stalls are usally sturdy if it is new or barely used but a broken down straight load is not good.
Broken Bit
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-12-05 8:26 AM (#52209 - in reply to #52177)
Subject: RE: 6H straight load... stallions.

Veteran

Sure are A LOT of variables to that question!  What is the trailer, and how is it made?  How many other horses transported at the same time?  Any mares, or all geldings?  Any one in season (mares that is, lol)?  How well behaved is the stud?  How has he been trained, as far as the O.K. to mount?  How long of a trip?  Do you know the vics under the nose trick?  Are any of the stalls made to be used as a "stud pen"?  the list could go on.  Just the other day I trucked three horses to a sale for a man, one was a stud, one was a gelding, and one was a mare.  The way that it worked out on this particular day, due to room, I had to load the stud and the mare together in the back cut. (I use a stock-combo style wagon)  There was absolutely NO issues at all, they rode like champs and they were litteraly belly to belly, soooo the moral of this story is that every situation is different and there is no rules set in stone, all you can do is to take one situation at a time and LEARN from your mistakes, as well as the mistakes of others.  You had a GREAT first step, which was to come here and draw on the endless well of knowledge that is found here on this forum, however, this particular question just has too many variables to be answered in a yes-no way.  Best of luck to ya with whatever it is that ya decide to do,  talk to y'all later...