Equine Transportation Acceptance Company (ETAC)
dogma
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2006-09-01 10:19 AM (#47718)
Subject: Equine Transportation Acceptance Company (ETAC)

Hello All,

Has anyone ever heard of a finance company called ETAC?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cocoa
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2006-09-01 6:49 PM (#47726 - in reply to #47718)
Subject: RE: Equine Transportation Acceptance Company (ETAC)

Yes I have.........they financed my last trailer. They were great to work with and had better rates than a lot of the companies out there. I'm about to buy a new trailer and need to look them up again. Sherri
dogma
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2006-09-05 8:35 AM (#47873 - in reply to #47726)

What kind of trailer did you purchase?
Postman
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-09-05 12:41 PM (#47891 - in reply to #47718)

New User

ETAC is the first application I pull out to help get a customer financed on a new trailer. I've used them for horse, stock, flatbeds, and utility trailers.  They are great to work with!

dogma
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2006-09-05 1:41 PM (#47893 - in reply to #47891)

Do you know who owns them?
3yrHitch2Bumper
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-09-05 3:16 PM (#47897 - in reply to #47893)

Regular

Dog.....I think you should know.....you use to work for them......didn't you??? In London,Ohio ??? remember???? what,about 3 years or so ago??? How soon we forget or are just on a fact finding mission....6
dogma
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2006-09-05 4:04 PM (#47903 - in reply to #47897)

Dear Brad,

Don't worry yourself but you must have me confused with someone else.

HTCC53
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2006-09-05 9:23 PM (#47920 - in reply to #47718)

I am a little reluctant to reply to this, because it is probably a fact finding mission. I have had several dealings with ETAC, and found them to be pretty unprofessional, and not completely honest. Their rates are not better than others, they are all pretty much the same. There are better companies out there. Most dealers can steer you in the right direction for you financing, if you are going thru a dealer.
arroyoseccofarm
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-09-05 11:31 PM (#47926 - in reply to #47718)

Veteran

Interesting stuff here >>>> http://www.bridleandbit.com/artman/publish/article_14514.shtml

Edited by arroyoseccofarm 2006-09-05 11:43 PM
3yrHitch2Bumper
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-09-06 4:46 PM (#47995 - in reply to #47903)

Regular

Dog.........you must have me mixed up for someone else.....
Try again !!!!!
Wave your finger at someone else !!!!
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2006-09-07 11:09 AM (#48049 - in reply to #47718)

Elite Veteran

So what neither of you want to spell out, but keep hoping we'll guess is that Sundowner Trailers owns ETAC. Hmmm.
3yrHitch2Bumper
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-09-07 12:10 PM (#48053 - in reply to #48049)

Regular

Look....let's quit the finger wagin....the fact of he matter is it doesn't really matter who owns who....what matters is if the company takes care of their dealers and their customers....sure there are alot of "other companies".. that is the American way...isn't it?? We are all entitled to our opinoins..but if ETAC is competetive and takes care of people... what else matters??? As long as they are not out to take advantage and scam,which I am sure they are not, they are a "choice" and we all have "choices" in life.....you choose to or you choose not too......if the "rate" or "term" is  not right in your mind...look else where...we live in America people.......make a "choice"........end of my discussion....

God Bless our troops fighting for our rights and the right to "choose" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dogma
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2006-09-07 12:35 PM (#48054 - in reply to #48053)

So according to Horsey, Sundowner would make the profit on the sale of its trailer and then make a profit on the financing also?  It seems that they would also make a profit if another horse trailer manufacturer financed a deal through ETAC.  Hmmmmm.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-09-07 1:47 PM (#48056 - in reply to #47718)

Expert

First we have a phoney rebate program? Now we have a finance company in sheeps clothing? What other under the table programs does the boys under the orange oval have to hide from us innocent consumers. I am more and more unimpressed with the inner workings of S------R all the time. Glad to be a 4 Star owner.
SigntrSeries
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-09-08 9:49 AM (#48117 - in reply to #48056)

HWBar,

With some investigation or maybe a search back through your memory youll find that it was a independant dealer that had the rebate program, not Sundowner Inc. Its statements like that, that get this board fired up with rumors. & as for owning a finance company, who knows, but I think that any business owning, intelligent American would consider it a brilliant idea, who doesnt like to make all the money they can. I dont know what kind of truck you drive?????????? but if its a Ford or Chevy did you get all pissy and political if you financed through Ford Motor Credit or GMAC??????????? You may as well get mad at Ted Turner while your at it for having rights to more than one television network. You going to quit watching TV?? Bet not

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-09-08 10:40 AM (#48119 - in reply to #47718)

Expert

Just for your info, it was not an independent dealer it was a Superstore the best I remember. I did Finance my truck through Chrysler and they don't call it Horse Truck Finacial either, no doubt at all who the money is going to. I and others feel that Sundowner is probley the sneakiest trailer manf. out there they will do anything including slight of hand tricks to sell a trailer, I, being in sales would rather rest on my product, rather than sales tricks to create my income. If you think tricks are OK go ahead and start looking for your next line of work because you will be a short timer in sales. I have been doing this for 20 yrs.
3yrHitch2Bumper
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-09-08 12:13 PM (#48130 - in reply to #48117)

Regular

OH..those are some sweet words Sig....It is amazing how people get upset when someone beats them to the idea !! Thanks brother !!!

1 year..5 years..20 years...who cares Horsey....the fact of the matter is,you have to protect your name in sales, so if ETAC does that by taking care of their customers by being competitve with term and rate...and be there for them after the sale....isn't that what it is all about?? Money is going to be made anyway...Finance is a big money making business...isn't that why the Finance Manager is one of the highest paid person's at any dealership ??? Since you have all this experience in the "sales" business...I would think that would be common knowledge to you....ETAC is a bunch of good guys who have families just like everyone else and they have bills to pay....you sell your horse's and let ETAC sell their product....don't worry about the "OVAL" cause it ain't goin anywhere !!!! EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!! KEEP SMILIN !!!!

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS PROTECTING OUR RIGHT TO BE ON THIS SITE AND STATE OUR OPINIONS !!! EVERYONE REMEMEBER OUR TROOPS IN HARMS WAY !!! GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!
dogma
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2006-09-08 12:25 PM (#48131 - in reply to #48130)

According to a previous Post (47920) by HTCC53 it seems as if that person has not had the same experiences that you rave about with ETAC, as far as terms and rates and follow up.
SigntrSeries
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-09-08 2:08 PM (#48144 - in reply to #48119)

Well Mr Lyons,

You are right, they dont call it "Horse Truck Financial", isnt my face red, ohhhh the humiliation. I do believe it probably went through "Daimler Chrysler Financial" though??? You seeing a pattern here, man if i were you id be mad that not only did they make money off the product they're making money off the financing end too! Selfish business men! Im sure, you being a bona fide pro salesman knew that though. As sneaky an crooked as the boys at Sundowner are, per you, what do you give em?? another year maybe 2 before they're done??, since theyve been doing it for awhile, bout 30 years, I think?? Its bout time for people to catch on and quit buying them huh? Get real Dude. Most people I know in sales never ever run-down any ones product, even seasoned vets like yourself. Its just not professional. Perhaps you could sale a book on productive sales, You seem to know what it takes, or.... natural horsemanship?? Just an idea. Sale them at cost though so to be fair to the public.Whatever it is you sale, good luck, I honestly wish you the best. What do you sell by the way? Oh and you might want to throw your computer away, Bill Gates has monopolized an aweful lot of software, which your probably using right now, and thats not fair either, you'll need to find something with no Microsoft owned parts or saoftware. Im out, this opinion war could get rank but thank god we all are free enough to get on here and do this, like Brad said, remember our boys overseas. Mr Lyons, God Bless and Good Luck, by all means good luck.  

ridinhigh
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-09-08 9:07 PM (#48164 - in reply to #47718)

That's funny right there!
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-09-09 4:15 AM (#48169 - in reply to #47718)

Expert

Dodge..........=Chrysler Finacial

Bill Gates.....=Microsoft Windows, Word, Excell ect.

Sundowner......=Equine Transportation Acceptance Company

Go Figure. If the brand is so strong why didn't they use it?

I'm not upset about anyone making money, where did you read that, Mr. Sundowner oops I mean SigntrSeries. I just see a pattern of deception.

Edited by HWBar 2006-09-09 4:21 AM
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-09-09 8:12 AM (#48174 - in reply to #48169)

Expert

Originally written by HWBar on 2006-09-09 3:15 AM

"...Go Figure. If the brand is so strong why didn't they use it?

I'm not upset about anyone making money, where did you read that, Mr. Sundowner oops I mean SigntrSeries. I just see a pattern of deception.

HWbar .. I disagree with you on the pattern of deception.  There are many companies that use another name for various lines of product.  Think of the breakfast cereal companies.  The confusion that would happen if the same name was on all the different cereals would sink a product.   Sometimes a company buys an existing business.  Should the name change because the ownership did?  NO... The existing business name is an asset.  It usually makes sense to keep and defend it.  Sundowners are trailers, ETAC is a finance company...Different products.  Ownership doesn't matter.

Lastly, your last comment implied Signtrseries was part of a pattern of deception.  That innuendo wasn't worthy of your reputation for good info posted under the screen name HWBar.

Edited by hosspuller 2006-09-09 8:15 AM
3yrHitch2Bumper
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-09-09 10:35 AM (#48178 - in reply to #47718)

Regular

HOT OFF THE PRESS !!!! STEP RIGHT UP !!! DON'T MISS THIS ONE!!!!

DISCRUNTLED EX-EMPLOYEE COMES OUT OF THE CLOSET 2 YEARS LATER...TRIES TO BASH EX-EMPLOYER BECAUSE HE WAS BORED !! JUST WENT TO HOSPITAL TO GET HIS FOOT REMOVED FROM HIS MOUTH !! PATIENT IS STABLE BUT NOT STABLE !! MORE TO COME !!! PLEASE STAY TUNED !!! THE PUZZLE IS ALL COMING TOGETHER !!!
THREAD STARTED DUE TO PERSONAL SHORTCOMINGS !!! THE TRUTH IS JUST OVER THE HILL AND THE TRAIN IS ROLLIN AND GAINING STEAM BY THE DAY!!!

NEXT EDITION COMING SOON !!!!