Designing Living Quarters
chicory
Reg. Sep 2013
Posted 2013-10-20 6:44 PM (#155449)
Subject: Designing Living Quarters

Hello,So, I've reviewed a bunch of the threads and learned a lot but one thing I've not seen brought up although clearly a bunch of people have done DIY living quarters is how to design it up from the dressing room.I "think" I've found a trailer I'm willing to buy. Sort of see it as a starter thing since I haven't done any camping with my horse before and I'm not too sure how much I'll use it. It already has living quarters in place (sort of) and doesn't include any water... I'm getting it pretty cheap so I'm willing to undo what's been done and then set it back up as I'd like it. I still have the advantage of new microwave, fridge, awning and roof ac as well as the fact that they've already insulated and covered the walls. So it wouldn't be too much more than reorganizing the cabinetry and such. I realize the specifics could be different for each person and trailer but are there any tips that might save me headaches at a later time even if its only for access for repairs or something?Julie I
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2013-10-20 8:05 PM (#155451 - in reply to #155449)
Subject: RE: Designing Living Quarters

Expert

Look at the various FOR SALE photos in the HTW trailers for sale section. This will show you what some finished layouts look like, as well as determining what will fit within a given area.

Also visit the web sites of various trailer manufacturers, some of which will post interior plans. After market conversion companies also provide floor plans of their various interiors.

Visit your nearest dealer and check out any new or used inventory and take photos. Similar layouts can be modified by length by removing or adding cabinetry.

Linda Y
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2013-10-21 8:18 AM (#155453 - in reply to #155449)
Subject: RE: Designing Living Quarters

Extreme Veteran

If you are on Facebook, there is a group called Horse Trailer Conversion that deals with just this thing. It is just a bunch of folks like us that are redoing, undoing, or doing from scratch and sharing along the way. Have a look!