Lakota LQ Trailer
Weekender
Reg. Aug 2013
Posted 2013-08-16 12:19 PM (#154049)
Subject: Lakota LQ Trailer

I am considering a new Lakota, Charger series. Any advice is good advice! has anyone heard any bad things?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
lorri
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2013-08-20 10:34 AM (#154145 - in reply to #154049)
Subject: RE: Lakota LQ Trailer

Regular

We ordered a Lakota in 2010. When I ordered it I had never seen one in person only online and reviews I found. I was impressed by the craftsmanship that was in the cabnetry. I like the improvements that have been made to the hinges on the window much better than the ones that were avaliable in 2010/2011 modles. The plumbing does set very low so we have to be careful where we go. We have had several problems with the Domatic fridge and of course it is out of warranty. The Carrier tires that we on my trailer SUCK to say the least. It pulls fine we just have all ready had a blow out & messed up our fender. If you plan on ordering one I would suggest getting a extra GF breaker installed ours only has 1 and it will not pull more than one appliance at a time. We have had a rivet pop off on the nose too. All and all I like it and would buy one again.
Weekender
Reg. Aug 2013
Posted 2013-08-20 1:10 PM (#154149 - in reply to #154145)

Great info Lorri, thanks for your response!!!
Three 4 Luck
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2013-08-21 9:13 AM (#154166 - in reply to #154049)

Regular

I looked at Lakota. The LQ looked well done. The horse area, while it seemed an improvement over Bison, I can't say I was impressed. It didn't feel as solid or sturdy as what I'm used to. It was a Charger model I saw, I don't know if the upgraded one is better beyond use of thicker metal or not.
goz63
Reg. Dec 2011
Posted 2013-08-24 5:42 PM (#154238 - in reply to #154049)

Veteran

We ordered our Lakota Charger with LQ, We have the 15 ft shortwall, rear kitchen. We have pulled it to TX and back when we lived in St Louis. It makes frequent trips to MI from southern OH. It pulls well and is great for our family. We have spent a week in it and did not feel cramped. With any LQ trailer you will have minor maint that must be done. We have tightened a clamp on a water hose that started to drip after a year and a half, little things like that. Nothing I have not had in any other quality built travel trailer that we have owned. I think that Lakota is one of the better values in LQ horse trailers. One of the best features for us was the fully lined and insulated horse area. We will eventually move back to TX and that will make it much better for the horses. If we ever get another LQ horse trailer, they will be at the top of our list.